change field names & add discount to summary

• Tina Rowe
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #40046 by Tina Rowe
Hello

I would like to make some changes to the summary of an event. At the moment for my upcoming events there is a brief summary and a table with the the following information for events

Event date: Thursday 16th January 2014 6:30 pm
Event End Date: Thursday 16th January 2014 8:00 pm
Individual Price: £25.00

This event has three different prices which I created the custom fields for. I would like, if at all possible to have all three prices in the summary, it's not a problem if this is not possible.

I do need to change the text Individual Price to Members Price but I cannot find a place to do this. Please could you advise me how I can change this text.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #40047 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: change field names & add discount to summary
Hi

1 => To change "Individual Price" to "Member Price", simply go to Events Booking -> Translation to change it.

2=> To show other prices, the solution is using events custom fields. Follow the instructions at joomdonation.com/using-extensions/using-..._event_custom_fields and you should be able to do it !

Tuan

• Tina Rowe
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #40148 by Tina Rowe
Replied by Tina Rowe on topic Re: change field names & add discount to summary
Hello

Thanks for this info, however, when I try to add the extra fields into the summary, do not seem to see exactly what you suggest should be there, unless I have misunderstood.

this is how the event appears in summary

This is the extra information area you mentioned. there is no place for the extra fees.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #40159 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: change field names & add discount to summary
The idea is that right now, there are two sample custom fields which are labelled at "Speaker", "Number Hours". You will change these labels to something you want like (by editing the file components/com_eventbooking/fields.xml):

"Price #1"
"Price #2"

Then for each event, you will enter these prices information and it will be displayed in the front-end. Please try it and hope it works for you (if I understand your requirement correctly).

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc