Is it possible to have many types of registration?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #41106 by Hannu
Hi,
We are having a meeting to which people could participate phycically or remote.
Can I have that selection on the registartion?
So person registering to the event would select if he is coming or using web meeting.

Basically same as we could have many optional locations for one event.

br H.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Hannu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #41132 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Is it possible to have many types of registration?
Hi

Yes. It is possible. I believe you can simply create a custom field to allow users choose phycically or remote ? I think a simple dropdown custom field should be OK in this case.

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #41148 by Hannu
I was trying that but was not able to get the custom field visible.
Furthermore in instructions it says that custom field is not for registration form.

So please send bit more instructions how to do it.

Update:
So far what I have tried is to create fields in the fields.xlm as instructed but also via backend custom fields.
I learned that he fields created with backend are showing so seems that your instruction needs updating?

What I just noticed is that if I am locked in to the site the custom fields are not visible. If I lock out the fields are showing.

Also custom field is not visible in backend "registrants" :(

br. H.

More
10 years 3 months ago #41185 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Is it possible to have many types of registration?
What you created is Events Custom Field. What you need to create is Registration Custom Fields. Please go to Events Booking -> Custom Fields, assign it to the event , then access to Registration Form, try again and you will see.

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #41195 by Hannu
Done that and as I wrote earlier:

What I just noticed is that if I am logged in to the site the custom fields are not visible. If I lock out the fields are showing.

They are showing (for logged in users) if I do not use the "Reduce Registration process"

I also learned that custom field are not visible in backend "registrants". They are visible if I export the data but not in the backend.

More
10 years 3 months ago #41246 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

1=> If you set Reduce Registration Process to Yes, users won't have to enter data on registration form, so Yes, custom fields won't be showed. That's correct behavior. So if you want to collect custom fields data, you will need to set Reduce Registration Process to No

2=> Custom fields are not visible in registrants table. However, if you click on registration record to view the details, you will see that the custom fields are showed. We could not show them in registrants tab is because there won't be enough space for all fields to be showing within one screen.

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago #41513 by Hannu
Hi,
I got this working... almost... :)

I am still struckling with the visibility:
In custom field creation the is the first selection "event" and default is "all events"
Yet in the event creation in "advance settings" you should input the custom field id's... so I am bit confused how this works?

I noticed that my if the custom field was published (and the event=all events) it really apperared in all events even there was no id code in the "Custom Field IDs"

Please explain how to do this right. How I can create custom fields and publish them so that they are visible only in the event they are intented for?

br, H.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41579 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Hannu

The custom field IDs which you see in advanced settings tab is used for different purpose. When you view an event from front-end , if you have permission to view registrants list, you will see a link called View List which allows you to click on to view registrants of that event.

Basically, that list only display basic information such as First Name, Last Name... of registrants. If you enter IDs of the custom fields in the mentioned Custom Field IDs setting, the information of these custom fields will be displayed in the list as well.

Hope the explanation is clear to you.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc