Not getting registration emails -- How to debug?

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #41378 by Stephan Hodges
Not getting registration emails -- How to debug? was created by Stephan Hodges
My client hasn't been getting registration emails for a while now. It's not clear how long this has been happening, or even if they've ever gotten one since upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 last July. I assume they've gotten them in the past, but right now, I don't have enough information from them to pin a date range down.

I haven't found anything in the documentation on how to send test emails, debug missing emails, etc. Apologies if I missed it somewhere.

Can you tell me how to
a) Send TEST mass mailings
b) Send TEST mails of each and EVERY mail type defined
c) Get a log of any / all emails sent

Other issues / things that I can check?

c) above would be the most important, since I could then check to see who has registered, and recover "missing" information. Note that this is slightly different than asking for a list of registrants. I want to know who and when emails were sent, if that's possible.

Is there any tracking of bounced emails?

Sorry for the many parts to the question. I did a search for "missing emails", "email testing" but didn't get any results back.

Stephan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #41400 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Not getting registration emails -- How to debug?
Hi Stephan

Unfortunately, there is no DEBUG or TEST feature. So all you need to do is that :

1. Go to Users -> Users Manager , create a new user. If that users receive notification email, then the mail system on your site works properly. If not, then you will need to change mail settings on the site until new user receive email notification.

2. If the mail in EB still doesn't work after you completed checking #1 (new user is now receive email), you will need to register for the event. If you use online payment method, make sure you see the registration record from back-end and it is marked as Paid. If you don't see the registration record, we will need to check the payment gateway you are using.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc