Unable to create event on front end as registered

More
10 years 2 months ago #41669 by Jim
Using J3.2 and EB 1.6.2 With a RocketTheme template.

Yes. Newbie at web but all else seems to be going fine. Wish I was more familiar with debugging techniques but this issue seems simple enough that I suspect others will encounter it. Sorry. Still sorting out how to safely provide a url or at least get the confidence to do so seeing as though I have been experimenting with permissions. Bear with me please.

My high level error is a redirect loop and if I go down a page I see numerous outputs of "You don't have permission to add/edit event"

I get a permission problem when rendering the menu option to create an event. This only occurs when I am not the admin. The only documentation on this suggests setting an option that seems to no longer exist or for whatever reason is missing from my Event Booking -> Configuration options. Is this documentation current? Looked all over for this option...

FRONT-END EVENTS SUBMISSION

Events Booking allows you to setup the system so that users with right permissions will be able to submit and manage their own events from front-end. If you want to allows users to submit events from front-end, please follow the steps below :

Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Users/Groups can add events from front-end, enter ID of the users or groups which you want to be able to submit events from front-end into this config option (comma seperated). After that, only these users or users from the entered groups will be able to submit events from front-end.

I also found that a "Manager" was also unable to render the menu item to create an event.

Plan to experiment with ebregister as that is possibly my final implementation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41671 by Jim
This functionality was seemingly moved to System > Global Configuration > Components: com_eventbooking.

I am a bit confused why entering from Components > Event Booking did not lead me to this option. I'm too new to joomla to question it.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41681 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Unable to create event on front end as registered
Yes. The documentation was outdated. Now to change the settings, you will need to go to Events Booking -> Configuration, click on Options button in the toolbar to see the settings and change it from there.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc