Problem with forced ssl in registration?

• Robert Friedler
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41695 by Robert Friedler
Problem with forced ssl in registration? was created by Robert Friedler
Hi,
We are using the latest version of Event booking in Joomla 2.5.18
When users click the 'register' links for group or individual on the com_eventbooking » com_eventbooking_upcomingevents_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE page - then the web site for some reason directs them to an SSL version of the page.
We don't have SSL installed on the server - and so the page turns out looking rather strange with template issues.
How can we disable this so it does not use SSL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #41731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Problem with forced ssl in registration?
Hi Robert

Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Activate HTTPS, set it to No and It will solve the issue.

Tuan

• Robert Friedler
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #41765 by Robert Friedler
Replied by Robert Friedler on topic Re: Problem with forced ssl in registration?
Thanks so much Tuan.

Two more questions:
1. We are having an issue where the 'share' button images are not displaying.
The reason is that they have urls like "koala.net/page-name/components/com_eventbooking/assets/images/socials/delicious.png" instead of "koala.net/components/com_eventbooking/assets/images/socials/delicious.png"
I think the solution to solving this is editing the file that has the code for the share buttons and inserting a '/' in front of the href reference - i.e. changing the reference from 'components/com_eventbooking..." to "/components/com_eventbooking..."
Is this how should I fix it? Where is the file located that needs editing?

2. When we display the list of events in daily/weekly calendar view all works fine including registration buttons. However, when we display the events in monthly view then clicking on any event causes it to display full-screen (without the template) and it loses its registration buttons. How can we fix this?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Robert Friedler.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #41803 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Robert

1=> Try to look at the file components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl/default.php and fix the issue yourself.

2=> That's strange. Could you please send me the link to the page so that I can try and see the problem myself ?

Tuan

• Robert Friedler
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #41979 by Robert Friedler
Replied by Robert Friedler on topic Re: Problem with forced ssl in registration?
Thanks Tuan,

1 -> this file does not contain the direct references to the urls for the share buttons. Around line 526 it has EventbookingHelper::getDeliciousButton

2 - this issue seems to have resolved itself

3 - we are using paypal pro for payments. It has the options for people to pay via mastercard, visa, American express and Discover. Can we somehow disable American Express and Discover and remove from the dropdown list - or is this a paypal setting?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Robert Friedler.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #42027 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Robert

1=> Sorry. The correct file is components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php

3=> Look at the file components/com_eventbooking/views/register/view.html.php, you will see the code below (on several places):
Code:
$options = array(); $options[] = JHtml::_('select.option', 'Visa', 'Visa'); $options[] = JHtml::_('select.option', 'MasterCard', 'MasterCard'); $options[] = JHtml::_('select.option', 'Discover', 'Discover'); $options[] = JHtml::_('select.option', 'Amex', 'American Express');

Remove the card type you don't want by deleting the like of code corresponding to it and It will work well.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Friedler

• Robert Friedler
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42097 by Robert Friedler
Brilliant - that solved the issue.
Thanks so much Tuan!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #42192 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks Robert for confirming. If you have few minutes, please help us by giving Events Booking a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/calenda...s-registration/13701 to support my development.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc