Translation Management text not saving?

• Dazzler24
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42015 by Dazzler24
Translation Management text not saving? was created by Dazzler24
Hi,

I am experiencing the following after a clean Joomla 3 install:-

When i go to the Translation Manager and try to change any of the text it doesn't stick or save. If I try to add new text it doesn't save either?

Just to be clear I have done a completely fresh installation of Joomla 3 on my local dev server with no sample data followed immediately with the EB booking package and go straight to the Translation Manager.
The strange thing is that the function worked on another Joomla 3 installation so I deleted that installation and reinstalled from scratch to check if I could repeat the problem and sure enough exactly the same issue.

I have this horrible feeling that I've missed something fundamental in setup somewhere (a prerequisite maybe?) but have resorted to this plea for help as I'm wasting so much time trying to figure it out.. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #42023 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Translation Management text not saving?
Hi

I think there some permission issue with the language file. Could you please send us admin and FTP account of your site so that we can check to see what's wrong and get it sorted for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Dazzler24
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #42061 by Dazzler24
Replied by Dazzler24 on topic Re: Translation Management text not saving?
UPDATE:- As an experiment and for your information, I've just uninstalled V1.6.3 and then installed V1.5.3. Translation problem goes away!
To be exact, in both versions if I hit enter after making changes neither of them save the changes.
In 1.5.3 if I click save and close it works as expected.
In 1.6.3 if I click save and close it does not work as expected. i.e. doesn't save the change.

Hope this will shed some light on the issue.

Hi Tuan,

Thanks for the prompt response. That's why I've purchased your products!

I've deleted the installation I had on a public web server and at the moment I only have this installation on a local dev machine. (I was getting the same issue on both). However I do have some programming skills (basic). Are you able to point me to the file/s in question where I can check/change the permissions just in case I can fix locally?

If you are willing to 'guide' me and I still have the issue then I will gladly upload to a location where you can access it.

BTW I have located the "/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_eventbooking.ini" file where all the strings appear and can change and save things manually.

Cheers and thanks again for the quick reply.

Darryl
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Dazzler24. Reason: UPDATE

More
10 years 2 months ago #42165 by Kate Bailey
Replied by Kate Bailey on topic Re: Translation Management text not saving?
Hi Tuan,

I am having the same problem with Translation Management not saving my changes. I just installed the software this morning and am otherwise having good luck getting everything up and running. Can you let me know what to do about the Translation text?

Thanks, Kate

More
10 years 2 months ago #42183 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Translation Management text not saving?
Hi All

This issue sometime happens on host which limit number of input per page. Events Booking has now about 1000 language items, so it will generate total 2000 input tags on translation page. If your server (hosting) limit number of input per page, it will causes the issue (translation could not be saved).

In this case, you will need to edit the language file manually. The language file is located at language/en-GB/en-GB.com_eventbooking.ini

I will try to spend sometime this week to add pagination support for translation page to solve this issue. I will update you when it is done !

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dazzler24

More
10 years 2 months ago #42207 by brunov99
Replied by brunov99 on topic Translation Management text not saving?
Hello,

I have the same pb on locahost too.
When i click on "save" nothing appends.
I'll manage the language file, but tell us when you'll find a way to fix it.

Thank you.
Brunov99 B)

• Dazzler24
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43140 by Dazzler24
Replied by Dazzler24 on topic Translation Management text not saving?
Looks like this has been resolved with the latest release as of 25/03/14! :)
Thanks Tuan & Team
Good work.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc