When Cart is On, Payment Method Ignored

• Winston Baccus
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #42281 by Winston Baccus
When Cart is On, Payment Method Ignored was created by Winston Baccus
I only have 1 event that I am allowing offline payment on, the rest are set to Authorize.net only.

When I turn the Cart feature on, it shows both Authorize and Offline as payment options, always.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Winston Baccus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42291 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic When Cart is On, Payment Method Ignored
Hi Winston

When you turn on shopping cart feature, you can register for multiple events within one checkout. So the system could not use the payment method settings which you setup for individual event.

Image that you register for two events: One has Offline payment option , one has Authorize.net option, what should the system show in this case ?

So in this case :

1. If you enable shopping cart, the system will display all payment methods which you enabled in Payment Plugins section of Events Booking.

2. If you want each event use it own set of payment methods, you will need to disable shopping cart feature. Only uses individual / group registration option.

Regards,

Tuan

• Winston Baccus
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42357 by Winston Baccus
Replied by Winston Baccus on topic When Cart is On, Payment Method Ignored
I understand your thinking there, but I think for my situation, the cart is unusable for that and another reason.

I'm using Event Booking to do registration for our summer camps and after-school classes.

I have users who need to register 2 siblings for a class. When you use the cart, it just adds 2 of the same record, so I can't capture the information I need for each child.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42388 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic When Cart is On, Payment Method Ignored
Yes Winston

Unfortunately, at the moment, when you activate the cart, you could not capture information of individual users. So in this case, I think you will need to disable shopping cart and use individual/group registration option.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc