Changing Order of events in Event Category listing

• erixis
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42321 by erixis
I have 4 events set up in one category and the order in which they are listed is not what is set in the configuration in the back end.
In the Configuration > Themes tab, I have 'Order Events by' set to "ordering" and the 'Order Direction' set to "ASC"

On the front end, I have a menu item set to link to com_eventbooking » com_eventbooking_upcomingevents_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE

The 4 (and most recently created event) is showing at the top of the list, and then the first, second and third events list in that order, which is out of order, no matter how you consider it. Changing the setting in the back end in configuration doesn't change this at all.
Changing the order of events in the backend listing doesn't change it. The item IDs don't match this order, and the naming/descriptions shouldn't create this order either, so I don't know a) why its ordering this way, or b) how to fix it.

I want the last, most recently created event to be the last event in the list, but I cannot make it reorder an appear anywhere but at the top.

The site is located at events.rotary6880.org . Direct link is events.rotary6880.org/event-listing

Thanks

Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42330 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Changing Order of events in Event Category listing
Hi Eric

Go to Events Booking -> Events, click on the header of order column, then change ordering of the events to meet your need.

Then you can go to Events booking -> Configuration, look at "Order Events By" config option, set it to Ordering.

After that, check it again and It should work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

• erixis
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42429 by erixis
Tuan,

I agree, the method you proposed should work, but it doesn't.
My events are listed in the back end, when sorted by order, correctly. They are sorted 1,2,3,4
And I have the 'order by' set to 'ordering' in the configuration settings. But no matter how I change any of these in the back end, the front end ordering is always 4,1,2,3

I have cleared the cache

I have used different browsers, different operating systems. Always the front end is ordered 4,1,2,3

I can PM you the credentials for the back end if you wish. We had some trouble with the upgrade to Eventsbooking 1.6.2 on this site, and you had to make some adjustments then. I wonder if this is not some part of the same problem.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42460 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Changing Order of events in Event Category listing
Yes

Please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site. We are going to check to see what's wrong and get it sorted for you.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc