Add Location and Coupon code in Emails and confirm

• Antonio Grazioli
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42456 by Antonio Grazioli
Add Location and Coupon code in Emails and confirm was created by Antonio Grazioli
My company has several sites in Italy

It's quite important to see in the list of registrants which location they registered to (location_id)
and also which coupon code they used.

I wpould klike to add Location and Coupon to registrant info in the backend area and confirmation emails, so our employees can see where the user registered and which coupon he used...

i am fiddling with the confirmation pages and complete views, but no luck so far....

any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #42467 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add Location and Coupon code in Emails and confirm
Hi Antonio

1. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Show Coupon code in Registrants List, set it to Yes. After that, coupon code will be showed on Registrants Management from back-end.

2. For location , find the config option Show Event Location in Email, set it to Yes and It will be showed in email.

That's all we can have at the moment (if you don't have these features, you might need to download latest version and upgrade it to yours site).

If you want to have other information displayed somewhere, you will need to find out how to customize code.

Regards,

Tuan

• Antonio Grazioli
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #42471 by Antonio Grazioli
Replied by Antonio Grazioli on topic Add Location and Coupon code in Emails and confirm
SOLVED as well ;-)

Thanks a lot.
in the meantime I had found the two options named "Show Coupon code in Registrants List" and "Show Event Location in Email" :-)
I missed them somehow :-)

Then I made some edits in "/emailtemplates/individual_details.php" for the coupon code on email messages:

<?php
$db = JFactory::getDBO();
$sql = "SELECT c.code FROM #__eb_registrants r JOIN #__eb_coupons c ON r.coupon_id=c.id WHERE r.transaction_id='".$this->row->transaction_id."'";
$db->setQuery($sql);
$rowCoupon = $db->loadObject() ;
?>

<tr>
<td class="title_cell">
<?php echo 'Coupon' ?>
</td>
<td class="field_cell">
<?php echo $rowCoupon->code; ?>
</td>
</tr>

then, to get the Location in the admin pages ("Registrants List"):
I slightly modified the "registrants" model and its view to include the "city" field of the location, that's enough for us...
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Antonio Grazioli.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 1 month ago #42473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add Location and Coupon code in Emails and confirm
hehe, great. Congratulations !

• Antonio Grazioli
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #42475 by Antonio Grazioli
Replied by Antonio Grazioli on topic Add Location and Coupon code in Emails and confirm
thanks ,
you can see it in action on:
www.pipeline.it/it/912-moc-10777-impleme...soft-sql-server-2012

there's a custom field called "Bring Your Own Device" (students can save 100 euros if they bring their notebook in classroom)
It triggers a special logo on event page
They have to use a special Coupon Code "BYOD". This code applies to every course that has this custom field enabled.
When they register to the course the code and location gets emailed

attachment: screenshot of Admin Area showing City and Coupon field in backend ;-)
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Antonio Grazioli.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc