Events Booking Changelog

• Vilnius university
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42680 by Vilnius university
Events Booking Changelog was created by Vilnius university
Hello,

where could I find the changelog of Events Booking component? I'm planning to update 1.5.2 to 1.6.3 and I would like to see all the changes that have been made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42746 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking Changelog
Hi

I am sorry. We don't keep change logs for my extension. There has been so many changes to the new version of the extension:

- The code structure, it is now so many different compare to version 1.5.2
- The looks and feel (the therme is also changed as well).

- 1.6.3 also has a different, much better SEF router compare to the old version.

- 1.6.3 also implemented PDF invoice feature.

So if you want to upgrade, I think you should try to download latest version, installing it to a test site to see new features before upgrade (it is much better, but it also changes the themes, so be careful).

Regards,

Tuan

• Vilnius university
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42962 by Vilnius university
Replied by Vilnius university on topic Events Booking Changelog
It would be very useful for users to see what changes have been made in a new version. Most of Joomla extensions have a changelog. I don't see why this could be a problem.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43006 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking Changelog
Yes, agree ! Will keep change logs from now on !

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vilnius university, Mary

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #43595 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking Changelog
Great - I always struggle to find any information about what has changed and worry sometimes I may even not be aware of a new feature in the latest version! Saying to ask us to load onto a test site and "discover" new feature seems a bit crazy when you know what you have done (you DO know what you added and changed don't you?!)

Please can you make a nice simple link on the menu system so it is easy to find the change log (this will also help you sell product subscriptions, I'm sure!)

PS It would also be great if each time you released a new version you changed the version number. In the past it has been confusing that I may have a particular version but I then happen to read you have added something to it since I downloaded it but it is still the same version number!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Buzzy.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc