Confirmation/notification 404 error

• Phil Light
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #43393 by Phil Light
Confirmation/notification 404 error was created by Phil Light
We're using Event Booking to register our attendees for our annual educational conference - www.travelersconference.com . I wanted to open registration today but I have a glitch. We purchased your 2Checkout plugin for payments, and I obviously don't understand what's supposed to happen after the sale. While testing, I'm redirected to a 404 error page instead of the confirmation I created - assuming 's needed to make a thank you page - the URL for which I entered into a form on one of the 2CO admin pages.

The URL displayed in the address bar of the 404 page is travelersconference.com/eb_2checkout_notify.php ? . . . followed by a bunch of code containing all the information from my registration - leading me to believe that Event Booking is supposed to create an on-the-fly invoice style return page. Well, that would be great! How do I enable this? I can't find instructions in the documentation.
I am receiving a confirmation email from 2CO but not from our domain. Any fast help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Phil Light. Reason: Fixed a typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43401 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Confirmation/notification 404 error
Hi

From what you explained, it seems you haven't uploaded the file eb_2checkout_notify.php to the root folder of your site yet ? Please upload the file (you can get it from the payment plugin you purchased) to the root folder of your site and the error should be gone !

Regards,

Tuan

PS : In the future, please post your question in General questions forum of Event Booking joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-general-discussion.html

• Phil Light
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43428 by Phil Light
Replied by Phil Light on topic Confirmation/notification 404 error
Thanks Tuan. I still can't get it to work. I uploaded the file - twice actually, since I'm not 100% certain what is meant by my root directory. My choices are:

Home Directory
Web Root (public_html/www)
Public FTP Root (public_ftp)
Document Root for: www.travelersconference.com

I put a copy first in Web Root (didn't work) then tried it in the Home directory - still getting the 404 error.
There are also 3 choices on the 2CO website site setup page about what to do following the transaction - and I've tried all 3:

Given links back to my website
Direct Return (Our URL)
Header Redirect (Your URL)

Input a url for your customers to be sent to on a successful purchase. (I entered) travelersconference.com/index.php?option...e&id=124&Itemid=1487 (a simple confirmation page I made).

I have it set to "Direct Return (Our URL) right now because it at least avoids the 404 error - displaying a 2CO generated receipt on their domain. This seemed my best option for now. The registration is in test mode if you want to try it yourself.

Sorry I started this thread in the wrong place. A newby mistake.

Any suggestions?

Phil

More
10 years 1 month ago #43439 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Phil

Could you please submit a support ticket sending me admin account of your site so that I can check it for you and make sure the settings are correct ? If you have a Skype account, maybe you can contact me directly. My Skype nickname is tuanpnves.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Light

• Phil Light
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43455 by Phil Light
Ticket sent. Thanks, Phil

• Phil Light
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43528 by Phil Light
all seems to be working properly now Tuan. Thanks very much! Fast work.

Take care, Phil

More
10 years 1 month ago #43535 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Phil for confirming and sorry for the trouble. It was one line of code outdated (which does not work with latest version of Joomla).

Hope you are happy with my product and my support. If so, please spend few minutes to help me by giving Events Booking a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/calenda...s-registration/13701 to support my development.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc