How to change some of the default on Add Event?

• Emma Richardson
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43613 by Emma Richardson
How to change some of the default on Add Event? was created by Emma Richardson
I would like to be able to change some of the defaults on the Add Event form.
I would like to be able to have Enable Cancel Registration and Auto Reminder checked by default and also be able to automatically set the number of days before.
Plus I would like the registration cutoff date to automatically fill to the day of the training and cancel registration date to automatically fill to 3 days prior to the training.
Where would I look in the code to be able to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43633 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to change some of the default on Add Event?
Hi

components/com_eventbooking/views/event/view.html.php

and

components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl/form.php

That's the two files need to be modified.

Regards,

Tuan

• Emma Richardson
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43647 by Emma Richardson
Replied by Emma Richardson on topic How to change some of the default on Add Event?
So, I made many changes, adding value, etc but nothing ever changed on the form. I finally commented out references to enable_cancel_registration and still the form did not change. I am not caching anything right now so am confused as to what is making the form render and what I am missing here.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43661 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to change some of the default on Add Event?
Hi Emma

Have you tried to add die command for example to the file ? Maybe you edited the wrong file ?

Tuan

• Emma Richardson
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #43935 by Emma Richardson
Replied by Emma Richardson on topic How to change some of the default on Add Event?
Was definitely on the files that you directed me to. I have been able to change other files and see updates immediately. Very strange. Will try again.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #43946 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Emma

Please try again. If you still cannot figure out, maybe submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site so that I can try to edit it for you (on Friday please as tomorrow I am busy preparing for new releases of my extensions).

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc