PayPal Account Type

• Salim Bourget
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43654 by Salim Bourget
PayPal Account Type was created by Salim Bourget
I would like to use the PayPal option for Events Booking. Do I understand the following correctly. There are two routes I can take with PayPal.

1. Using the included PayPal option included in the Events Booking Component all I need is the PayPal Payment Standard version. Which allows us to take all the registration information from the user and when it comes to payment your redirected to PayPal for payment then returned to website for confirmation after payment.

2. Purchase the PayPal Payment Plugin combined with the PayPal Payments Pro. This allows you to deal with registration and payment on our website without being redirected to PayPal.

I have two additional questions.

1. Do you recommend using a SSL with either or both routes as described above?

2. For the second route do I need to use PayPal Payments Pro or PayPal Payments Advanced? These two PayPal accounts to not be confused with PayPal Payments Standard. I just need to know which PayPal Account type of the 3 to setup and pay for with PayPal.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43659 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal Account Type
Hi

Your understand are correct. For your additional questions :

1. You should only use SSL if you go with Paypal payment Pro (credit card payment). If you use Paypal payment Standard, customers will be redirected to Paypal for processing payment, so no need for SSL certificate.

2. You will need to use Paypal Payments Pro, not Paypal Advanced. Paypal Advanced is not supported in our country yet.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salim Bourget

• Salim Bourget
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43676 by Salim Bourget
Replied by Salim Bourget on topic PayPal Account Type
Great! Thanks for the quick reply!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc