Invoice Questions

• Zach Hanson
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43905 by Zach Hanson
Invoice Questions was created by Zach Hanson
This is really about the information displayed on the invoice as it pertains to custom fields.

Well I have a few different types of event categories.
I have several custom fields setup which adjust or change price.
Now different categories have different prices.
Some of my custom fields are the same but conditional based off of a set ticket type (custom field)
I want to display these custom fields on the same line of an invoice.
Now I have no problem adding the fields. However I have two categories of events, Regional and National and custom fields for each but they are the same options as Ive tried to explain...

Essencially what I am trying to get at there is two custom fields on one line in the invoice however only one field will be used depending on the event category someone is booking...Is there a way to hide the custom field name in the code when a request returns no data?
Option A:[CUSTOMFIELD1][CUSTOMFIELD2]

Lets say the return is Option A for either one....Lets say that for a regional event it only asks for a answer for CUSTOMFIELD1
I would get an output on the invoice of:
Option A:Option A [CUSTOMFIELD2]

I hope this makes sense and you can help, I am also posting in Feature wanted to Add individual invoices to each event...This would solve my issue here and I think make the software even more powerful..

Thank you in advance, but I am sure that the procedure may be more complicated than you want to get into..but never know until I ask..

Im guessing I could also delete the table in the invoice and add the [EVENT_DETAILS] that would show all custom field selections ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43920 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Invoice Questions
Hi Zach

I am sorry but the system is not support this complicated case for the invoice. So maybe in this case, you should find someone to customize it for you. I think the simplest solution would be for each category, you customize code to allow enter invoice layout for that category.

I think this will take 2 or 3 hours of working.

Regards,

Tuan

• Zach Hanson
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43963 by Zach Hanson
Replied by Zach Hanson on topic Invoice Questions
Figures....

The [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] tag doesnt work on the invoices either which would also serve my purposes...

Anyway to make that one work?

More
10 years 1 month ago #43997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Zach

Look at the file components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php, find the method generateInvoice and you should be able to add support for the other fields you want.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zach Hanson

More
9 years 11 months ago #45450 by Trinity City
Replied by Trinity City on topic Invoice Questions
I am also trying to work out how to use the invoice to show detail for a specific event but not others. I have three events, but the custom field I want to show is only set for one of them.

Would something like this work?

if event_title = This one
*show EB_CUSTOMFIELD*

else
*nothing*

I'm not much of a PHP coder so I'm not entirely sure how to do that. I'm happy to find the spot in helper.php to insert it though.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45483 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

You should not compare the title, you should compare event id.

The code like this :

if ($row->event_id == ID_OF_THE_EVENT)
"Show Data"
Else
"Nothing"

However, you will need to have good PHP / Joomla programming skill in order to do that !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc