Conference with workshops...

• Laura Rey
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44324 by Laura Rey
Conference with workshops... was created by Laura Rey
Hi,
I'm implementing a conference site for a client. The conference is the main event. Additionally, there are 3 groups of workshops. Each group has 6-7 individual workshops in them.

I've tried implementing the conference as an event and each workshop as a separate event, but my client wants to force registrants to sign up for the workshops while they are registering for the conference. If I keep the workshops as separate events, I can't force them to sign up on the conference registration form.

If I abandon having workshops as separate events, and simply include extra fields on the conference registration form, I can force the users to register for the workshops when they register for the conference. However, I can't easily pull the workshop attendee list.

1. Is there a way to do this that I'm not seeing?
2. Is there a way to connect the workshop choice on the registration form to another event? For example, if they choose workshop A on the form, is there a way to update the information for an event workshop A?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44337 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Conference with workshops...
Hi Laura

I am sorry but this feature is not supported by Events Booking. The easiest way to setup this as you did in the second way:

If I abandon having workshops as separate events, and simply include extra fields on the conference registration form, I can force the users to register for the workshops when they register for the conference

And then find a developer to help you to customize the extension to allow you to pull data for each workshop.

Or maybe try to find a different extension to see whether it can handle this requirement or not ? If you find an extension support this feature, maybe you will have to switch over to them as this requirement is not handled by Events Booking.

Tuan

• Laura Rey
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44461 by Laura Rey
Replied by Laura Rey on topic Conference with workshops...
Thanks for the reply.

I am a developer, so I just wrote the reporting I needed.

One last question....is it possible to display a user's registration history without allowing them to edit it?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44495 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Conference with workshops...

One last question....is it possible to display a user's registration history without allowing them to edit it?

Not possible. But I believe if you are a developer, it is a simple task for you to change it to just displaying the data instead of allowing users to edit it !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc