Transfer of event details

More
9 years 11 months ago #45401 by m4rch
Transfer of event details was created by m4rch
Hi,

My current site is a Joomla 1.5 site that I am upgrading to Joomla 2.5.

Is there an easy way to transfer my event details that I have set up on my J1.5 site (events that run into August 2014) to the new Joomla 2.5 site? I have the Events Booking component now installed and configured on the new site and need to add the events to the system before I make the site live.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45426 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Transfer of event details
Hi

The step is explained here documentation.joomdonation.com/2-events-...ite-to-new-site.html

Please note that after importing data from old site to new site, you MUST install latest version of Events Booking to your new site !

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago #45546 by m4rch
Replied by m4rch on topic Transfer of event details
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

My Joomla 1.5 site is running Event Booking version 1.4.5

I had already purchased and installed Event Booking version 1.5.1 for compatibility with Joomla 2.5 when I started to build the site - in the migration instructions it says to export database tables, use find and replace to change table prefix then import to new site database. It then says to install Events Booking component. Will this migration process still work even when I already have the component installed and configured?

More
9 years 11 months ago #45553 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No, it won't work. You will need to install latest version after you importing the database so that the database schema will be updated and works with new version of the extension.

You should not have to worry about the config you made before. When you install a new version, all your old data will be kept !

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #45645 by m4rch
Replied by m4rch on topic Transfer of event details
Hi Tuan,

Just to recap then.

1) I have to follow the steps as per the link in previous post to export the database tables from my Joomla 1.5 site with _eb_prefix and edit the sql file to change the table prefix to that of the Joomla 2.5 site

2) Import these tables into the new Joomla 2.5 database

3) Install the latest Events Booking component to the Joomla 2.5 site (do I need to uninstall or just install over existing Event Booking component?)

Regards,
Marc

Hi Tuan,

I followed your instructions to the point of importing the tables into new database and received a 404 - Component not found error when I tried to view the front end. I now cannot gain access to the Joomla! Administration Login - see screenshot

Any help appreciated

Regards,
Marc
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by m4rch. Reason: More info

More
9 years 11 months ago #45713 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Marc

Are you sure you only export and import the database table related to Events Booking (only database tables with _eb_ prefix).

From the image you posted above, it seems you imported some wrong database tables and it causes the error with Joomla core Login process, this error above is nothing related to Events booking.

So in this case, I am afraid of you will have to restore your old site and redo the work (please make sure you only export and import database tables related to Events Booking - not the tables from Joomla core).

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc