Event showing wrong detail when link clicked.

• KThackston
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45604 by KThackston
I copied an existing event and changed all the pertinent details, location, dates, costs, etc. It shows up on the calendar correctly. It shows up in the short description correctly. However, when you click on any link to go to long description, it takes me to the details of the one that was copied.

So, I created a new one from scratch. I cleared my entire history and cache on both browser and within Joomla. But it is STILL taking me to the details of the first course and not the second. The courses are identical except dates and locations.

How can I fix this? It happens quite frequently. In the past, I've resorted to reinstalling the component and it seemed to fix it, but this time, it has not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45605 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event showing wrong detail when link clicked.
Don't need to restore to old version. Please make sure you install latest version (1.6.3). Then go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at SEF routers settings tab, find the config option Insert Event ID, set it to Yes and It will work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

• KThackston
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45606 by KThackston
Replied by KThackston on topic Event showing wrong detail when link clicked.
I did discover that if I change the name of the course, even just by adding a single letter or number, it will fix the issue. But that shouldn't be necessary, should it? I mean, shouldn't it be pulling the details based on the ID number and not the TITLE? Please advise.

• KThackston
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45607 by KThackston
Replied by KThackston on topic Event showing wrong detail when link clicked.
Oh thanks. I didn't see your response before I started my own. Cheers!

More
9 years 11 months ago #45634 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event showing wrong detail when link clicked.
OK , no problem. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc