Only some Paypal show up as registered

More
9 years 10 months ago #45838 by Jeff
Your component was working fine for the last couple of years. When the client added a new event recently they came across a problem. People were registering and paying through PayPal, but only some were showing up as registered within the component. The others were not showing up nor were they receiving confirmation e-mails. Confirmation e-mails for those were not being sent to the administrator, either.

I've read through the forums and made sure that the IPN in PayPal has been turned on. However, I'm not sure what the notification URL is supposed to be. I can't find that answer anywhere. I'm wondering why this started happening out of the blue.

Anyway, I need to get resolved.Thank you in advance for your help.

mosea.org/calendar/seminars

PHP version 5.3.28
Joomla! version 3.3.0
event booking version 1.6.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45897 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Only some Paypal show up as registered
Hi Jeff

When you turn on IPN, Paypal will ask you for IPN url. You just need to enter URL of your site into that field and it should work well !

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago #45931 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Only some Paypal show up as registered
Yes. I saw that in another post, but I get this error when I try: We were unable to validate the URL you have entered. Please check your entry and try again.

This URL showed up in the notification link from somewhere: mosea.org/index.php?option=com_eventbook...payment_confirm&paym

Like I said, this thing has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years. What has happened and how do I fix it...quickly? Their event is in July and this is causing BIG problems.

I can give you whatever access you need to help me out.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45971 by Jeff
Any ideas yet?

More
9 years 10 months ago #45978 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jeff

Sorry for could not reply you earlier. I had to spend my time to finish new version of Events Booking, can only released it yesterday.

Back to your question, I tried to access to mosea.org but seems it is not the correct site. I could not access to it, so maybe that's the reason Paypal could not validate the url you entered ?

You don't need to enter the full url which explained on different forum post. For Paypal IPN url, you can simply enter the URL of your site, just make sure it is a valid url so that Paypal will enable IPN and It should work well

After enable Paypal IPN, please check everything again. You said it has been working well for two years, so unless something changed in your site, it will should still work well !

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago #46037 by Jeff
I had taken the site offline over the weekend. It IS the right URL. Tried again with Paypal this AM. Get this message: "We were unable to validate the URL you have entered. Please check your entry and try again."

It will NOT take the URL mosea.org or mosea.org/index.php or anything! There have been no changes on the site. Please don't repeat the instructions to use the website URL. IT DOES NOT WORK!

When I first installed this 2 years ago there was no mention of IPN. I put in the PayPal account info and it worked. The only reason I started messing with IPN is because it quit working right. I install ecommerce packages and have not been hit with the IPN issue, either. It just baffles me that your component quit working.

I need to get this fixed ASAP. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling? Hell, I'll try doing a rain dance if I though it would help!

Thanks in advance for your quick reply, as the client is getting PISSED.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46038 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The reason I asked you to activate Paypal IPN is because the IPN feature in your Paypal account might be disabled for some reasons and that's the reason it doesn't work now. By default, we don't need to activate Paypal IPN because it is on by default, that's the reason you don't have to activate it at the beginning.

The reason Paypal could not validate that URL might be because your site is not accessible for some reason. Not sure why but I could not access to the site mosea.org as well (I am from Vietnam and I am blocked)?

The IPN url you need to enter must contain http at the beginning, so you need to enter mosea.org instead of that mosea.org . Please give it another try.

Also, please note that if you put your site offline, it won't work because Paypal IPN could not reach your site if it is offline. Maybe :

1. Try to put the site online again.

2, Try to make a registration. Then login to the Paypal account which receive payment to see whether there are any IPN messages ? If there are, then no need for activate Paypal IPN. If there are no new IPN message for that registration, you will need t activate Paypal IPN. If you are saying that the Url is valid and Paypal doesn't allow it, please try to call Paypal to ask them why they don't accept that URL

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago #46039 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Please understand that the code could not break itself. There is no reason it works for you for 2 years then don't work now. There must be something changes on your site causes Paypal IPN doesn't work. And we will need to find out it.

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago #46064 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jeff

I think it would be better if you contact me via Skype so that we can check it together. My Skype nickname is tuanpnves

Please contact me so that we can check it together and get the issue sorted.

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 10 months ago #46205 by Jeff
I REALLY need this fixed, yet you seem unwilling to help. Your offer to Skype is great, but you never answer when I try nor do you attempt. You couldn't help a client because of your company's birthday party?! Really?

Wonderful support you offer. Thanks.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc