Custom fee fields and different price tickets

• Neil
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46204 by Neil
Tuan
I have events in different categories, some require group booking and some do not, I need to sell tickets with different prices, I have set up a custom fee field and set the price to free but this doesn't update the amount in the cart and also allows the user to enter a different quantity in the cart, until they click checkout in which case the quantity will chafe but the user may not notice, therefore the user may think that they have purchased 2 tickets but also do not know their final price until reaching the checkout.....

Currently I have set the event price to £10 and used the math operator to add £2 for the different ticket which seems to work but means the user has to enter text into a text box....is there not a function to enable a radio button or dropdown that updates the prices in the cart to make the whole think more user friendly? I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet, can you help?

Here is the event in question - www.bokwaevents.com/best-events/mastercl...te-dye-in-chippenham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neil
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46208 by Neil
Not to worry, i've disable the sopping cart and set up 2 custom fee fields and deleted text (include fee) from the translation file and set the event to free.....all works now, but it would be good to show the price on the event, can this be done for individual events?

More
9 years 10 months ago #46234 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fee fields and different price tickets
Hi Neil

It would be good to show the price on the event, can this be done for individual events?

=> Could you please explain more details about this requirement ? Maybe you can use custom fields to display the events price in this case ? see documentation.joomdonation.com/2-events-...ow-custom-field.html for documentation.

Tuan

• Neil
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46283 by Neil
Sure this would work but it adds a custom field to every event, I would need a custom field to display the price on individual events where I have had to set the event price to free in order to use other custom fee fields in order to have 2 different ticket prices.
Follow this link and you will see the top event displays no price as it has multiple ticket prices available but the event at the bottom has a price displayed as it has only one ticket price - www.bokwaevents.com/best-events-masterclasses-smashdowns-new

More
9 years 10 months ago #46312 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fee fields and different price tickets
Hi Neil

It add a custom field to all events but that custom field will only be displayed if you enter a value for that custom field in the event.

With the events which you don't want to display that custom field, simply leave the value of the custom field to empty and it won't be displayed

Give it a try.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc