[SOLVED]Paypal IPNs failing & Early Bird disc date

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #46419 by nhtim
Within the last week, Paypal has notified us that IPNs are failing. [LONG url not included].. I am guessing that this may have been due in part to the upgrade to J2.5.22 the beginning of last week. At the time I did that upgrade, I also installed the Events Booking Upgrade 1.6.3. This weekend I noticed that Events Booking had another upgrade 1.6.4 and I installed it yesterday. Last night Paypal sent another notice of IPN failure. Do you have any idea how this can be fixed?

The other question is about the date used in the Early Bird discount. Does it end at midnight on the date picked... or does it end on the date prior to the one chosen?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by nhtim. Reason: problem solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46428 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal IPNs failing & Early Bird discount date
Hi

Paypal IPN doesn't work might cause by some reasons:

1. Your site has a security plugin installed. Something like RSFirewall or Admin Tools pro or something like that. These security plugins usually block Paypal IPN and it causes the error.

2. Your server has Firewall software which block Paypal IPN messages ?

3. Please check and let me know what's the status of the recent IPN messages so that we can check it further.

Tuan

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46452 by nhtim
I did not install any new type of security tools. I can check with Bluehost to see if they changed something. Strangely there were a few acknowledgements that the admins did not receive for payments, but then were receiving other acknowledgements even though Paypal was reporting IPN message problems. Let me check with Bluehost and get back to you.

Tim

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46453 by nhtim
Hello Tuan,

I just got off the phone with Bluehost and I think we may have found the problem. Recently Paypal added some more IP addresses, and some of those were on my blocked list. They have been unblocked now so this may resolved.

As to my second question which is about the date used in the Early Bird discount. Does it end at midnight on the date picked... or does it end on midnight on the date prior to the one chosen?

More
9 years 10 months ago #46475 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal IPNs failing & Early Bird discount date

I just got off the phone with Bluehost and I think we may have found the problem. Recently Paypal added some more IP addresses, and some of those were on my blocked list. They have been unblocked now so this may resolved.

=> Thanks for the information. It makes sense to me.

As to my second question which is about the date used in the Early Bird discount. Does it end at midnight on the date picked... or does it end on midnight on the date prior to the one chosen?

=> It ends at midnight on the date picked. However, at the moment, the system use server timezone for checking it (not the timezone you are settings in your Joomla site). That's one of the issue (the timezone setting) will be one of the main item which I will work on version 1.6.6 after releasing version 1.6.5 this week. So if this time is critical for you, maybe you should contact your hosting provider, ask them to setup the timezone for the server (I think it is some change in PHP.ini to make the timezone of the host is the same with the timzone which you setup on your site.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: nhtim

• nhtim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46478 by nhtim
Thanks for the info Tuan. It is not a critical issue, just a general question. I never was aware that the times would not match up correctly, but it is good to know that it will be included in an update.

Take Care!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc