Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail

More
9 years 2 months ago #59170 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail
Ah, I hear that words from customers so often :D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Austermeier
More
9 years 2 months ago #59172 by Michael Austermeier
Replied by Michael Austermeier on topic Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail
Than it must be true :-D

I buyed the template too and the developer don´t answer. What a different.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #59187 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail
Wonderful :) Thanks Tuan!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NOTE for anyone downloading Tuan's code posted above: Tuan suggested editing to adjust formatting.... You WILL WANT TO MODIFY line 217 to add a space before the word 'Before ' (make it ' Before ' instead of 'Before ') otherwise there will be no space between the price and the new text.

original 217:
Code:
echo 'Before '. JHtml::_('date', $event->early_bird_discount_date, $config->event_date_format, null);
modified 217
Code:
echo ' Before '. JHtml::_('date', $event->early_bird_discount_date, $config->event_date_format, null);

Personally, I modified line 217 to this because I wanted italics & prefer the word 'Until' over 'Before':
Code:
echo ' <em>(Until '. JHtml::_('date', $event->early_bird_discount_date, $config->event_date_format, null).')</em>';
You could wrap it in a <span> instead and define a custom css class if you wanted more flexible control over the style.
I hope that the expiry date is something added to a future official release :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by James Riley.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66731 by Peter Schuetz
Replied by Peter Schuetz on topic Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail
Hi everybody,

is this also working in the newest version?
I tried to implement it, but it doesn't work... :(

regards
Peter

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #66751 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail
Working for me when I patch the current 2.0.0 file manually at components/com_eventbooking/views/common/events_default.php.. Over-right your file with the attached (note: this is using MY formatting of the code as posted previously -- change as you see fit).

Location of code insertion -- lines 218-223.

WORKING 2.0.0 PATCH ATTACHED.

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by James Riley. Reason: added text "WORKING 2.0.0 PATCH ATTACHED."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Schuetz

More
8 years 9 months ago #66763 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Expiry Date next to Discount Price on event detail
Looks good. I will look at it and implement it into core download package when I have some free time later today

Tuan

More
8 years 9 months ago #66793 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. This is now implemented on events list and event details page and I release new version 2.0.2. Please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...-2-0-2-released.html

Thanks again for sharing the code James.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley, Peter Schuetz

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #66804 by James Riley

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: OK. This is now implemented on events list and event details page and I release new version 2.0.2. Please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...-2-0-2-released.html

Woo hoo! Another change that I don't have to manually reapply every upgrade :)
Installed the 2.0.2 files, and it works perfectly right out-of-the-box. Thanks for implementing it in the core, Tuan!

More
8 years 9 months ago #66840 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is easy since you provided the code already :). Thanks again James. I am lucky to have you as a customer of Events Booking :).

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc