attaching a pdf file to event before registering

• Tony Cline
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #56877 by Tony Cline
Hi Tuan,
I would like to know if there is a way to attach a pdf document to an event when the registration is disabled. We have a few events that we are required to register through our national organization. We still like to list them on our local chapter website and then have the document that they can download from the event details and then fill out the pdf by hand and fax or scan in to the national organization. Is this possible in some way?
Thanks,
Tony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #56883 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic attaching a pdf file to event before registering
Hi Tony

Events Booking doesn't allow that feature. I think the easiest way is that you use HTML editor, enter the link to download the attachment in the description / short description field of event (I haven't tried but I think editor like JCE should allow you to upload file and insert link to the event) ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Tony Cline
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #57467 by Tony Cline
Replied by Tony Cline on topic attaching a pdf file to event before registering
Hi Tuan,
I am able to add attachments to articles etc, with this plugin:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ownloads/attachments
Is there a way to get this plugin to work with events booking and membership pro?
Thanks,
Tony.

More
9 years 3 months ago #57483 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic attaching a pdf file to event before registering
Hi Tony

Have you tried to use that plugin to attach the attachment to description of events and membership plans ? I think it should work

Tuan

• Tony Cline
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #57534 by Tony Cline
Hi Tuan,
Yes, I have tried it. The attachments component works well with articles and other components but the "Attachment" button does not appear below the text editor in membership pro or events booking. Here is some information from their help page:

What Can Files Be Attached To?
Besides attaching files or URLs to articles, it is possible to attach files or URLs to other types of content items such as Category descriptions (see below). If appropriate 'Attachments' plugins are installed, it may be possible to attach files or URLs to a wide variety of content items such as user profiles, shopping cart product descriptions, etc. Basically any content item that is displayed on the front end and uses the content event 'onContentPrepare' can host attachments (if a suitable 'Attachments' plugin is installed). Content items that invoke content events are typically items that have content to be displayed (such as articles) or have descriptions that will be displayed.
Warning
Attachments for categories will only show the category basic parameter 'description' is set to Show (via the Menu Editor) AND the category description is not empty.
If you wish to learn more about how to develop a new Attachment plugin, there is a manual that is available at the Attachments website:
Attachments Website ( jmcameron.net/attachments )
Warning
The Attachment Plugin Creation Manual has been updated for Joomla 2.5 and 3.x but has not been thoroughly tested or reviewed. Please email me suggestions about how to improve the manual!

More
9 years 3 months ago #57547 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Oh, OK. I will try to look at that component sometime next week (maybe on Monday) to see why it is not available in Membership Pro and Events Booking

Will update you once I looked at it

Tuan

• Tony Cline
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #57552 by Tony Cline
Thank you.

More
9 years 1 month ago #59988 by kinwolf
Interested in this too. Since we can't attach multiples attachments(yet?) in Event Booking, I was also wondering why the Attachments plugin that we use in articles doesn't work in the Event Booking interface. As Tony said, the button doesn't appear in the editor.

More
9 years 1 month ago #60561 by kinwolf
I contacted the developer of the attachments plugin extension and he said

", an "Attachment plugin" will need to be written for that extension that lets the Attachments extension know how to interact with the extension. you can look at similar plugins that I've written for
SimpleEvents and JEvents at:

github.com/jmcameron/attachments_for_simplecalendar

github.com/jmcameron/attachments_for_jevents AND
github.com/jmcameron/attachments_for_jevents_save "

Seems we'll have to take up php programming :-/

More
9 years 1 month ago #60566 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Oh, seems it is not easy and take time to develop :(.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc