New User Registration for Event Booking

• Jeff Druce
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58726 by Jeff Druce
New User Registration for Event Booking was created by Jeff Druce
Hello,
I've been searching the forums, but I can't seem to find the topics (or maybe the right search terms?).
I am testing as a new user and drilling through to register for an event. After clicking on a "checkout" button in a pop up window, I am sent to the attached page (Image#1). I was able to find the new user field options to display, I can't see how a new user submits their info - no "Submit Button." Also, is the page formatting supposed to be so different compared to a registered user reaching this same point? (Image #2)

Also, if I were to set the registration permissions to something other than "public," is there a way to still show the Register button and have it link to a login module or popup?

If I am missing a forum post or a page in the documentation, my apologies.
Jeff
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff Druce
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58728 by Jeff Druce
Replied by Jeff Druce on topic New User Registration for Event Booking
Additional Info...
The documentation in the "Customize Registration Form" section refers to tabs for Billing Fields and Group Member Fields. Neither of those tabs are in my Configuration area. I have General, Themes, Waiting List Fields, SEF router Settings, Invoice Settings.
I should also mention that the site is J2.5.28.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58770 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New User Registration for Event Booking
Hi Jeff

Maybe the reasons of the error is because in the payment plugin, you set access level of all the plugins to Registered and they are not available for public users ? If so, you need to go to Events Booking -> Payment Plugins, edit the two plugin, set Access to Public and It should be OK

For the documentation, it is outdated, sorry. To show/hide. require/not require any fields in Registration Form, just go to Events Booking -> Custom Fields, edit custom fields, publish/unpublish, require/not require that field

Tuan

• Jeff Druce
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #59905 by Jeff Druce
Replied by Jeff Druce on topic New User Registration for Event Booking
I beg you pardon. Forgot to reply...
I found the settings conflict of public vs registered. Something I forgot to change back when testing the capabilities.
Thanks again for the reply.

More
9 years 1 month ago #59929 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New User Registration for Event Booking
OK Jeff. Glad to hear that you figured out what was wrong and got it working now :). If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc