4 registration spots used for 2 people?

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #59916 by Melissa
First off, I'm the admin on my site. However, I am very new to Events Booking and am having trouble!

I'm trying to set up an event that has a maximum capacity of 8 but add 2 users in from the backend. So under Registrants, I chose my event, and New, then put in 2 for the #Registrants. Chose the user (super user) to let it fill in the rest, and switched the status to Paid, then hit save to get the box for the actual registrants. Entered their names and then Save and Close.
Now back in the Registrant Manager, there's 4 records; 2 are the people I added, and then there's 2 Super User entries, all marked "Paid" or published/active.

Problem is that now when I go look at my course, it's showing remaining spaces of only 4. Where did I go wrong and how do I fix this? (And what should I do differently in the future?)
ETA: I just tried toggling the status and the first Super User entry appears to be independent, so I can delete that one. But the other Super User one, if toggled, turns off both of the people I actually want listed.

Thanks,
Melissa
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Melissa. Reason: adding more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #59918 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic 4 registration spots used for 2 people?
Ok, I think I'm understanding what's going on here. Putting any number other than 1 in the # Registrants and it counts them IN ADDITION to the "one" who is entering the info. It's calculating the cost based on the number in the registrants box, but counting the number of spots from somewhere else (name/email records?).

I can see this being a problem, especially since I will be doing courses for kids, so the parent will fill out the form and put kid #1 and kid #2 in the "members" boxes. Then it will appear to have cost 2 but take up 3 spots. Maybe this is just a problem in the back end?

Help?
Melissa

More
9 years 1 month ago #59932 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 4 registration spots used for 2 people?
Hi Melissa

It is not correct. The system only calculate total registrants based on the number of registrants you entered for the record. It doesn't count the person who makes the booking (billing record) as one of the registrant

So unless you did something wrong (or maybe my extenson has bug which I don't think so as the feature is there from long time ago without a bug report about it), it could not happen

You can submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site so that I can check it for you

Or maybe you should test it again

Tuan

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #59934 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic 4 registration spots used for 2 people?
Of course, when I try it for a different course, now it works just fine. Wasted a bunch of my time grabbing screen shots, putting together a detailed description of what I'm doing.... and now it works. Ok, I'll chalk this one up to a glitch. If it happens again, I'll let you know.

Melissa

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc