Coupon code expired message

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #60264 by kinwolf
Coupon code expired message was created by kinwolf
I am testing the coupon feature that we plan to use in the near future. To encourage people to use the website to register for the dojo events, the dojo instructor plan to give a discount on the price for those registering online, and early. So, to test the expiration of coupons, I created a coupon that is "expired" to see how it works. When I tried to use it, it displayed the message that the coupon is invalid. Now, knowing the users that go to the website(which are really not internet savvy), I know I'll receive tons of email about "the coupon isn't working"!

To avoid this, is there a way to change the message for expired coupon to something like "This coupon has expired"?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #60268 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Coupon code expired message
It's pretty easy to change this (and most other) text.
Edit the file \language\en-GB\en-GB.com_eventbooking.ini
Search for EB_INVALID_COUPON and change text in quotation marks to whatever you want :)
Code:
EB_INVALID_COUPON="The coupon you entered is invalid"
Remember that when someone DOES enter an WRONG coupon code, it will also display your "expired" message...

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #60297 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic Coupon code expired message
Thanks, I changed it to "Your coupon is either invalid or expired" for the moment, but the perfect solution would be to have two separate strings for both condition.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc