Upcoming Events module - link to full calendar?

• PWV Webteam
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #61032 by PWV Webteam
I am starting to use the EB Upcoming Events module on my home page and I was expecting to see a link to the full event calendar after the defined set of events is shown (3 in my case). But no such link appears. This is a big problem for me - we have many events and I need an obvious link to the full calendar after a short list of upcoming events.

How would you suggest I accomplish this?

Thank you, Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #61065 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Upcoming Events module - link to full calendar?
Hi Alan

So you want to have a link to full calendar at the end of the module? You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can ask a developer to modify the module to add the link for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 1 month ago #61071 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Upcoming Events module - link to full calendar?
Hey Alan,
I added exact feature into my installation :)

Insert the following code (the part marked with ADD THIS) at the end of modules/mod_eb_events/tmpl/default.php.

... and replace the "***YOUR*ITEMID*HERE***" text in the code block with the ItemID that appears in the url of your other EventBooking event listings, or remove the ItemID=***YOUR*ITEMID*HERE*** part all together if you don't have an itemid.

Code:
</td> </tr> <?php } ?> </table> </div> <?php // EXISTING CODE ABOVE ******************** ?> <?php // BEGIN -- ADD THIS ?> <div style="text-align:center;" class="header"><a href="index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=calendar&Itemid=***YOUR*ITEMID*HERE***" style="" class="btn btn-primary">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; View as Calendar</a> </div> <? // END -- ADD THIS ?> <?php // EXISTING CODE BELOW ******************** ?> <?php } else { ?> <div class="eb_empty"><?php echo JText::_('EB_NO_UPCOMING_EVENTS') ?></div> <?php } ?>

Your styling will be a bit different than mine, but you should get something like this at the end of the module:

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc