Custom field - limit number of selections

• Michael Mell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #65046 by Michael Mell
Custom field - limit number of selections was created by Michael Mell
I am using a custom radio button field to offer certain items to our members. But only a limited number of each of the items is available. In Event Booking, how can I limit the number of selections of a radio button item? (This is a feature in DTRegister but I could not find it in Event Booking.) Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #65051 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Custom field - limit number of selections
Switching over from DTRegister myself, this was one of the features that I noticed right away was different. I don't think there is a built-in way, or at least not that I've seen short of custom coding.
I'll add my 'YES" vote for it being added as a future feature :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 10 months ago #65080 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom field - limit number of selections
Yes. This feature is not supported at the moment.

Working on 1.7.4 now and I think I won't have enough time to add support for it in 1.7.4. But I will be sure that this feautre will be in 1.7.5

Give me about 4 weeks from today to have it implemented in the system

Tuan

• Michael Mell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #65083 by Michael Mell
Replied by Michael Mell on topic Custom field - limit number of selections
Thanks Tuan! This is an essential feature for our site so it's great that you will be able to provide it. And waiting a month is not a problem.

More
8 years 10 months ago #65097 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
More and more customers are asking for it, so there is no reason for me to not implement it :). Give me sometime to work on it. If we are lucky, we might have it ready within this week :)

Tuan

More
8 years 10 months ago #65151 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
We don't have to wait for a month. I have the code implemented now, and will have it included in version 1.7.4. If you want to help me to test it, please drop an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com and I will send the updated version to you. Beside this feature, 1.7.4 also bring the below nice features to EB customers:

1. Custom fields dependency in un-limited levels (before, we only support two levels dependency)

2. Allow saving events to personal calendar (Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar or Save Ical file).

3. Better SEO support by allow using meta data, page heading from menu item settings

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc