Masked e-mail during registrant export

• wirex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #67840 by wirex
Hi,
I'm wondering is there any way to mask email addresses during registrant list export ? I believe export run some sql query where I would like to have something like:
Code:
subbstr-(-[email],1,3-||-'XXXX'-||-substr-(-[email]-,-instr-(-[email]-,'@',-)-)-
instead full e-mail address.
Ideally would be if masked email would be exported from front end but full address from back-end.
Appreciate yours feedback is it possible to customize export like that.

I had to modify sql to be able to post it ;)
Thanks and regards,
Wirex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #67855 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Masked e-mail during registrant export
Hi Wirex

Unfortunately, we don't have support for this feature. So you will have to try to customize the code yourself if you want to get it works like that. Please try to look at the file components/com_eventbooking/helper/data.php, function csvExport and do the necessary customization to make it wroks as you want

(I still don't understand how to modify code to make it works like that :( )

Tuan

• wirex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #67868 by wirex
Replied by wirex on topic Masked e-mail during registrant export
Hi Tuan,

Many thanks for reply. I thought it would be easier then expected. To be hones I'm not so experienced with php as I'm with SQL;)
I thought in function I will find sql string which I could change to mine but I see it doesn't work this way :

Using above SQL (please note that syntax is not correct because of restrictions on the forum, but anyone who worked with SQL will what is about) and direct connection to db via, for instance SQL developer it is easy to select

Orginal value -->>Masked value
andrew1980@site.com -->andXXXXX@site.com
anne_marry@thedomain.com -->annXXXXX@thedomain.com
anthony.smith@service.co.uk -->antXXXXX@service.co.uk

Is it possible at all to do such customization in php function by you ? Unfortunately my php skills are insufficient here

Thanks and regards,
Wirex

More
8 years 8 months ago #67870 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Masked e-mail during registrant export
:D. You are expecting too much from me. What's the reason of doing that ? What's the benefit of replacing some characters in the email with 'X' characters ?

If you really need it, I will have to modify the code for you. But without a clear reason, I think it is a waste of time and I am not happy to spend time to do this modification

Tuan

• wirex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #67875 by wirex
Hi Tuan,

Thanks, totally understand you. Let me put some more story behind this. In general it's about data privacy ;)
Each event on my site is organised by different person. Respective user is set to event owner so he could create/modify his event.
When event take place owner needs to have printed guest list to check presents.
I need this to identify people who sing-up and do not show on the events. Because during registration I collect only Name and optionally age i need something more information to identify a person uniquely. E-mail would do the trick but it is consider as personal information and I don't want share this information with event owner and in fact there is no reason to for him to have such information.
Masked email would be a perfect solution to this :) Owner could identify each participant uniquely without risk of sharing personal information.

As wrote earlier, it would be ideally if "masked" export would available only from front end and regular export from back end. As far as I know your extension currently it's has only one option of export? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks and regards,
Wirex

• wirex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #68202 by wirex
Hi Tuan,

Any chance that you can make such modification?

Thanks and regards,
Wirex

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc