Fee field not taking into account number of people

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #68339 by Buzzy
I am trying to use the Fee field option and it works fine for individual bookings, however for a group booking it only applies the fee entry once no matter how many people book.

Example: an additional fee can be paid per ticket, so ticket is 100 and item is 5. In individual booking it shows as total price 105, but if they do a group booking for say two people, it shows as 205 not 210 (i.e. it should be 100 + 5 + 100 + 5)
How do I get this to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68360 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Fee field not taking into account number of people
Hi

When you config the field to be used on group billing step in group registration, it will not be multilpled by number of registrants.

In your case, I think you can config it so that the registrant can pick that custom field option for each member instead of picking it at Group Billing step ?

Tuan

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #68364 by Buzzy
Thanks, yes I saw that worked but it looks really messy to have them have to enter the same thing for every person on the booking. I saw now on the forums people have been asking about this (such as in joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...tom-field.html#53029 ) and think this would be great to have as it makes sense that in a group booking you might want to add an extra to all. Not multiplying by all registrants is not really so logical for a group booking?

More
8 years 8 months ago #68365 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Fee field not taking into account number of people
That depends. Some people need it as how it is, some people need it to be multipled by number of registrants. For now, we will keep it as how it is. If you want to make the change, please follow the instructions below :

1. Open the file components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php

2. Find the code below: (line 906/907 if you are using latest version)
Code:
$extraFee = $form->calculateFee(); $numberRegistrants = (int) $session->get('eb_number_registrants', '');

3. Change it to:
Code:
$numberRegistrants = (int) $session->get('eb_number_registrants', ''); $extraFee = $numberRegistrants*$form->calculateFee();

After that, it should work as expected

Tuan

• Buzzy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #68384 by Buzzy
Thanks will give that a go. I have to say that for me the logical way would be to always multiply up, since if you wanted it selectable per registrant then as you say you would just put it so it was selectable for each person and if you put it to be displayed once that would assume it was for all. :-)

More
8 years 8 months ago #68397 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
As I said, that will work for some customers and not for the others. So the only way to make everyone happy is making a config option in the extension to allow customers to choose how they want it to work

Will consider adding support for that config option in the future

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc