Stop Publishing when custom field reaches "x"

• Missie
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #71291 by Missie
Hi Tuan,
I'm wondering if there is a way to have the event not accept any more registrants once a custom field hits a certain number? The only possible scenario I can see currently is to use the group registration as the field itself...but I think it's a bit confusing for the user if I take that approach.

Thanks!
Missie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71293 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Stop Publishing when custom field reaches "x"
What custom field you are talking about? Could you please give me more information about it so that I can think about it to see whether it is possible to setup it in Events Booking ?

Tuan

• Missie
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #71300 by Missie
Tuan - for example if I create a custom field for a potluck luncheon.

I have a custom field (integer text) that allows user to input the number of lunches they will bring. Once I reach our goal of 100 lunches for example, is there a way that I could then stop allowing future registrations?

More
8 years 5 months ago #71371 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Stop Publishing when custom field reaches "x"
Hi Missie

Unfortunately, at the moment, it is not possible to setup this limitation. I am busy at the moment to finish new version 2.0.6 and could not look at it. I will try to see whether I can add support for this option sometime next week.

Regards,

Tuan

• Missie
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81108 by Missie
Hi Tuan,

I haven't updated EB for a few months. Planning on doing so soon :) Have you had chance to implement this in any of the recent versions?

Thanks!

More
7 years 11 months ago #81115 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Missie

I think custom fields quantity would help. However, it doesn't work for a text field, so maybe you will have to create list / dropdown custom field in this case

Tuan

• Missie
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81122 by Missie
So if I have cases of water for example. And I need 10 cases to be brought... I'm not sure how to accomplish this in a neat way. I want the user to be able to select how many they will bring, but don't want to necessarily have water listed 10 times in a list. Am I thinking about this correctly? Is this the only way to count the number while also allowing the person to select more than one of the same item?

Thank you Tuan.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81191 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry Missie. It is still not very clear to me. Maybe you can send link to registration page on your site? It will help me understand your setup better to find a solution

Tuan

• Missie
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81234 by Missie
Hi Tuan,
I found a work-around on this one. The idea is two-fold.
  1. If we have a sign-up for 12 cases of water. I do not want to have to show 12 separate line for water. But I would like Joe User to select more than one case. So if Joe selects 3 cases of water, it would be great if the custom field would tally it so that only 9 more cases were avail for sign-ups
  2. If I have one custom field assigned to the event and I have 100 items needed, it would be great to unpublish the event or have a banner placed across it in the category listing saying the event was full.
I hope this clarifies. EB is a great component, and I'm grateful for your continuous improvement and amazing support.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc