• Roger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #71475 by Roger
Confirm emails in spam folder was created by Roger
Hello

I'm getting more and more responses from our registrants, that they don't receive our confirm emails. I'm sending the mails via a real account defined via smtp within joomla. Is there anything else I can do to ensure that my mails don't end up in a spam folder?
How about DKIM or things like that?

Thanks

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71503 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Confirm emails in spam folder
Hi Roger

As the email is actually delivered by the mail server of your hosting provider, you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them about it

Events Booking just uses Joomla core API for sending emails to registrants, and we have no way to control this

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #77893 by josh
Replied by josh on topic Confirm emails in spam folder
This is happening to me too. Only with event booking. All my other extensions are fine sending confirmation email (chronoforms). Any more insight other than contact hosting provider? thanks

More
8 years 1 month ago #77918 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Confirm emails in spam folder
Hi Josh

We don't have any more clues about this issue, sorry. As I mentioned before, we just rely on the mail server of your hosting provider for sending email and we don't know why it comes to spam

Not sure chronoforms uses HTML email in Events Booking or not ?

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #77965 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Confirm emails in spam folder
A lot of the mail servers now depending on your hosting company will check the content of the email. If the content uses certain words, of has short content length, no subject, or is sending the exact same email out to multiple people simultaneously. Then the servers many be tagging it as spam. Go to www.mail-tester.com/ and forward the email to the address it tell you to. It will give you feedback as to why it is being marked as spam. You could also making sure Joomla is using SMTP to send to send instead of the php mailer or sendmail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc