Attachment or link ONLY for Confirmed (Paid) event

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #72007 by Mike
Hi folks
I hope this is a simple one, but I just cant find how to do it.

I have 2 payment methods, Offline, and Stripe Credit Card.
I want to send a download link (for an eBook or PDF file), only to those confirmed registrants who have paid.

At the moment, when someone registers for an event, (either Offline or Credit Card Payment), they get a registration confirmation email and the normal invoice.
The Status is automatically set to "Paid" for those using Credit Card, and is set to 'Pending' for the offline payment. This is all very good -- fantastic!

So this is what I have done to try to get the download link:
  1. In the Event, 'Advance Settings' tab, I have put the download link into the 'Registration Approved Email Body ' (I put the link in the event, because the download file will vary by event)
  2. When I manually confirm the registration for the Offline payers, they then receive the 'Registration Approved Email', and get the download link -- excellent!
  3. However, the Credit Card payers do not get this additional 'Registration Approved Email', (because they are automatically approved), so they dont get the download link.
Is there a simple way for me to do this?

If it is of any help (and I hope I don't confuse by adding this)..... I also use eDocMan on this site, so maybe there could be some interface to that component???
I also use eShop so maybe that is another option to manage the download file??

thanks,
Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #72091 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Attachment or link ONLY for Confirmed (Paid) event
Hi Mike

If you want registrants who pay using online payment method to receive the link, please put the link of the attachment / file to "User email body" message.

After that, it should work as expected

Regards,

Tuan

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #72131 by Mike
Thanks Tuan,
I should have spotted that....... it seems to work perfectly.

My problem was that I was loking at the general configuration email settings for the online payments, and not at the email in the actual event!
sorry for taking up your time on this one.

Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #72213 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Attachment or link ONLY for Confirmed (Paid) event
No problem Mike. The most important thing is that you could get it works properly now :)

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago #73888 by Allen Thompson
Replied by Allen Thompson on topic Attachment or link ONLY for Confirmed (Paid) event
Hello Mike,

Where do you find (or create) the download link please for adding to the email?

Thanks

Allen

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #73938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Allen

On Add/Edit event screen, you can upload/select attachments for your events and it will can be displayed in the frontend and send to registrants email when they register for your event. See this screenshot drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQaS1...k0/view?usp=drivesdk and you will understand what I am talking about (the screenshot is taken from EB version 2.2.0)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc