Dependent Fields All on when form loads

• Steve Barratt
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #73095 by Steve Barratt
Dependent Fields All on when form loads was created by Steve Barratt
I have a form that has a number of dependent fields, which as I understand will show on certain choices
eg: 5 age groups - each age groups can do a different type of activity so after choosing the age group the activity should then be displayed

but all the dependent fields show when the form is loaded and then those not required and hidden when the age group choice is made.

It really makes the form look very cluttered on loading. Is there a specific option in the settings to achieve all dependent fields hidden when the form is loaded ?

Thanks in advance fr the responses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #73100 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Dependent Fields All on when form loads
I've had similar problems in the past when I've done complex dependent fields...
Try disabling all but one and see if that works, then add the others back one by one. If things stop working properly after one is added, try changing their order in the custom fields manager and see if that clears the problem up. If you are only able to get (for example) 3 of the 5 working no matter what config/order/etc, then I would say we've unlocked a bug again...

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Steve Barratt
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #73112 by Steve Barratt
Replied by Steve Barratt on topic Dependent Fields All on when form loads
Thanks for you response James, I have disabled all and attempted to add one at a time, no matter the order of enabling them or the order in the custom fields any one of those I bring online will show when the form is first loaded. If I make a selection that would preclude the dependent field then it does turn off, and when I make a selection that would turn it on it does.

I might change templates and see if that makes a difference just so I can eliminate that the template is messing with the event booking component.

EDIT: Ok have changed and tried a few different templates including Beez3 and Protostar. Makes no difference to the behavior of the form
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Steve Barratt.

More
8 years 5 months ago #73119 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Dependent Fields All on when form loads
Hi Steve

In this case, I think you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and the link to the registration page.

I will try to check to see what's wrong and get it sorted for you. I still think that there might be something wrong with your settings

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77671 by thepiston
Replied by thepiston on topic Dependent Fields All on when form loads
I'm getting this issue as well - the fields all load and if I click one of them then it all works correctly. The problem is that they all load initially though.

**edit** was able to fix this by upgrading to latest version. I was in 1.9.1 and went to 2.3.2
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by thepiston.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77691 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Dependent Fields All on when form loads
Yes. This issue was fixed about 5 or 6 days ago

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc