• Russell Noble
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #73813 by Russell Noble
Stripe Payment Module: metadata was created by Russell Noble
Hi,
for anyone using the Stripe payment module it doesn't include metadata or provide the e-mail address for a receipt to be sent from Stripe.

I've just added these, you just need to update the os_stripe.php file and replace the lines which set $request = array( to the below.

This is important if you need to search Stripe for a payment by a particular person but they paid with someone else's credit card. (ie. the name on the credit card doesn't match the name of the person who registered.)
Code:
$request = array( 'amount' => 100*round($data['amount'], 2), 'currency' => $this->params->get('stripe_currency', 'usd'), 'description' => $itemName, 'card' => array( 'number' => $data['x_card_num'], 'exp_month' => $data['exp_month'], 'exp_year' => $data['exp_year'], 'cvc' => $data['x_card_code'], 'name' => $data['card_holder_name'], ), 'receipt_email' => $row->email, 'metadata' => array ( 'First Name' => $row->first_name, 'Last Name' => $row->last_name, 'Email' => $row->email, 'Source' => 'Event Booking', 'Event' => $itemName ) );

Maybe this could be added to the code?

Tuan, I wonder is there any chance of getting Stripe module updated to use the hosted payment system so credit card details are sent directly to the Stripe and not via Joomla, in much the same way the paypal one works?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73841 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Stripe Payment Module: metadata
Hmm

Stripe now support hosted payment? Could you send me the link to their documentation ?

From what I see, Stripe still requires users to enter credit directly on the site, not at Stripe site

If they support hosted payment, I will implement it

Tuan

More
8 years 4 months ago #73843 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for sharing meta data code. I will try to look at their documentation and then if that meta data is useful, I will add it to the core download package

Tuan

• Russell Noble
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #73853 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Stripe Payment Module: metadata
The receipt would be useful too :)

• Russell Noble
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #73858 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Stripe Payment Module: metadata
Sorry, not exactly hosted. Current implementation means really Event Booking users (admins) should be getting PCI DSS compliance because even though the credit card details are not stored on the joomla server it is sent to it. In Australia, US, UK etc this means we have to get compliance work done, which is costly.

There's two options:
1/ Embedded Form (called Checkout): stripe.com/docs/tutorials/checkout

2/ Custom Form: uses stripe.js so the credit card doesn't get submitted to joomla. It tokenises it first and then you process the transaction on the token. This ensures the server never sees the credit card - more secure. stripe.com/docs/tutorials/forms

Both these methods means the joomla server never sees the credit card number and your php code in the payment module only passes a token, not the credit card details.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73860 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I will go with stripe.js. It is on my todo list. I can see the benefit of that method. Give me one month or so to implement that feature

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #77897 by Helen
Replied by Helen on topic Stripe Payment Module: metadata
Hi

Is there any update on this pls?

I have installed the Stripe plug in then realised it goes through the server and not directly to Stripe as I thought it would.
As I cant face PCI DSS compliance, the CC info direct to Stripe would be great as I currently having to use Paypal instead (another pet hate!)

Thx

More
8 years 1 month ago #77899 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Stripe Payment Module: metadata
I am also interested in switching to Stripe and would like to know exactly what is required on admin end for it to function.
SSL
TLS
Certificate (which level), etc.

More
8 years 1 month ago #77912 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

This is now implemented (for about one month ago) using StripeJS

So the credit card information won't be passed directly to your server anymore. The credit card information is passed to Stripe, Stripe encrypted it and return a token

That token is passed to your server instead of raw credit card information. It will then being passed to Stripe for processing payment....

To use Stripe, I think you should still have SSL certificate for your site. For more information about security concern, maybe you should ask Stripe directly (they provide good support and they know it better than us)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: JustMe, Helen

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc