Group discounted fee fields?

• Kathy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77417 by Kathy
Group discounted fee fields? was created by Kathy
Can someone help me think through this? My client is setting up a summer camp, and they want to have both multi-week and sibling discounts. This is the copy I've been given:

1st Family Member Rate:
1st Week: $575, early payment until June 16, 2015 $450.00
2nd Week: $525, early payment until June 16, 2015 $425.00

Sibling Rate:
1st Week: $525, early payment until June 16, 2015 $425.00
2nd Week: $475, early payment until June 16, 2015 $400.00

Half Day: $325, early payment until June 16, 2015 $250.00

2nd week isn't the second week of camp, just a second week for that child. My initial thought was (just for the early bird pricing):
Each kid is $25 initially, and then each full week they sign up for is an additional $425 for the first kid and $400 for each other kid.
But the week selection would be custom fields that appear in the group member form. Any way a fee field can be $425 initially and $400 thereafter? Or group discounts can be dynamic?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77419 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Group discounted fee fields?
You would have to manually adjust the custom field after the early-bird has expired.
I would love to have date-triggered control for fields, fees, etc. This is similar to a feature request for date-triggered custom fields that I submitted 5 months ago, but there wasn't enough interest from other customers for the idea to be added officially into EB (...and I never was able to find the time I needed to custom-code it for myself).

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by James Riley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kathy

• Kathy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77428 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic Group discounted fee fields?
I know I'll have to change everything manually when Early Bird pricing expires. What about using the group member discount more than once?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77430 by James Riley
Okay, I think I get what you mean:
In the Group registration form, you would want Group Member 1 to be one rate ($450.00 for 1 week, $450 + $425 for 2 weeks) , and then Group Member 2, 3, 4, etc. to be a different rate ($425 for 1 week, $425 + $400 for 2 weeks).

I think you can do this if you set up a +$25 fee radio field (with a single, defaulted value; call it something creative or non-incriminating, like "Register me!" with the option "Yes!"), and set the option for [Only show for first group member] to yes. That will apply $25 more to the first group member (or, make each additional group member be $25 less).

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by James Riley.

• Kathy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77435 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic Group discounted fee fields?
Except I'd have to do that for each of the weeks that the first group member could register for, right? Because each of his weeks should be more expensive.

Also, while I've got your brain, how do you test your crazy pricing structures? Is there a way to let only yourself see the in-progress registration forms?

More
8 years 2 months ago #77462 by James Riley
My brain is a scary thing to have a hold of... given that you have already realized the CRaZy aspect of it :silly: ...

Yes, you'd have to add the +$25 as a First Group Member only field on each event that you need it. You only have to create the field once for each amount (if you have other events that has a $50 difference, you'll need a $50 field) and then apply it to as many events as you need, assuming that you're running custom fields in the per-event configuration and not the per-category configuration.

What I do for testing on my site is that I have created a password-protected "Admin Test Area" event that I set for a long-away date (I don't care if a user happens to see the event listed for the 5 minutes that I might have it active... If that is an issue for you however, you could create your test event in a special category with acl privileges that only allows you to see it).

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc