Reminder sent X hours before event

• wirex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77434 by wirex
Reminder sent X hours before event was created by wirex
Hi All,

Since some time I've tried to find a way to send reminders to registrant exact 24 hour before event starts. Currently(at least on my site) reminders are sent after midnight no matter what hour the event start. I've started to dig in code and find a quite easy solution for this.

I've modified code in two files:
components/com_booking/helper/helper.php line 3501 and 3502
changed function DATEDIFF( b.event_date, NOW()) to HOUR(TIMEDIFF( b.event_date, NOW()))
components/com_booking/model/ebreminder.php line 73
changed function in SQL string from DATEDIFF( b.event_date, NOW()) to HOUR(TIMEDIFF( b.event_date, NOW()))

Next thing is to change event field "Remind registrant before" to for example 24 and reminder will be send exact 24 hours before event.

I'm posting this solution here so maybe someone else will be interested in this feature.

Tuan and team,
Maybe you could include this modification in next update :)? For me, personally it is very usefully update.

Thanks and regards,
Wirex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77447 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Reminder sent X hours before event
Thanks for sharing the solution Wirex. However, for now, please keep this modification yourself. I will consider adding support for it in the package if there are more customers asking for it in the future

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc