URGENT - Event Booking Pay Pal

• Tori Jones
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77506 by Tori Jones
URGENT - Event Booking Pay Pal was created by Tori Jones
Hi I have 2 immediate issues.

1. After registration with my sandbox pay pal account, the registration remains as PENDING all of a sudden. No email notifications are sent. This just started happening. The registration was working fine before. Every time I registered and paid with my sandbox pay pal account, I would immediately get registration notifications via email and in the back end it would show the registrant as PAID. Please help asap.

2. HOW TO I MAKE THE PAY PAL REDIRECTION open in a NEW TAB on the website????

3. Pay Pal window doe not redirect in OPERA. Says its not a secure connection (https) for Pay Pal??????????
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77555 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic URGENT - Event Booking Pay Pal
Hi

1=> PayPal sandbox is not reliable. Could you please try it now? If it still doesn't work, submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can test it using our sandbox PayPal account

2=> Need to edit code. You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check it for you

3=> We will try to check it on your site when you submit support ticket....

Tuan

• Tori Jones
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80551 by Tori Jones
Replied by Tori Jones on topic URGENT - Event Booking Pay Pal
2. Can you just send me the path to the file so I can edit the paypal code myself to open in a new window after it redirects. I can add target=_blank myself. Just tell me the path to the file. I checked the .ini file but it doesnt work.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80560 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic URGENT - Event Booking Pay Pal
Looks like the <form> element is common to all payment methods, and is contained within a function renderRedirectForm in /administrator/components/com_eventbooking/libraries/rad/payments/payment.php .
Look for this line:
Code:
<form method="post" action="<?php echo $url; ?>" name="payment_form" id="payment_form">
If you don't want this new-window behaviour for other payment methods, you'll need to do a check against $url and see if it is the PayPal address before adding the target.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Tori Jones
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80572 by Tori Jones
Replied by Tori Jones on topic URGENT - Event Booking Pay Pal
ok, I added the target=_blank to the code, but here is the issue.

When I checked registration on 5 browsers (firefox, chrome, IE, opera and safari) and then on the iPad, all require popups to be unblocked. I am afraid the person registering will just give up if their popups are blocked or if they dont know how to unblock to get the PayPal window.

Is there a way for the PayPal window to open in another window and NOT BE CONSIDERED A POPUP, so the user doesnt have to allow popups to get to that PayPal screen.

I am wondering that before, when I didnt use the target=_blank it wasnt considered a popup. It just opened in the same window and replaced my website (which I dont want), but in this case I dont have to worry about the user having to unblock popups.

I am just trying to find an easy solution for people to register on my site.

The code I used is attached.

HELP!
Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc