Supporting for new Paypal IPN Postback to HTTPS?

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77564 by Stephan Hodges
Supporting for new Paypal IPN Postback to HTTPS? was created by Stephan Hodges
Paypal is changing their IPN Postback to require an HTTPS address on postback (if I understand the document correctly).

See announcement here: www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/inde...916&viewlocale=en_US

Here's a complete roadmap outline of upcoming changes:
www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/inde...nd=true&locale=en_US

When will Event Booking be able to support this? I'm running a slightly older (2.1) version of Event Booking, so I appologize if this feature was just added and I don't know about it yet.

Stephan
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Stephan Hodges. Reason: Added additional information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77618 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Supporting for new Paypal IPN Postback to HTTPS?
Hi Stephan

Events Booking supports it from beginning (the callback in IPN Message validation is always use https), so you don't have to worry about it

Tuan

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #77636 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Supporting for new Paypal IPN Postback to HTTPS?
Thanks for your quick reply.

Paypal is telling me that our IPN postback is not compliant with their NEW rules.

It's been working (via Event Booking) for years now, so there must be something different in their new approach. Does the Event Booking documentation talk about the IPN Postback requirements and implementation? Any suggestions on 'debugging' this from my end? (Does the documentation cover this perhaps?)

More
8 years 2 months ago #77637 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Supporting for new Paypal IPN Postback to HTTPS?
That's strange. All the post back in Events Booking is calling this URL www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr , so it is calling that https url already

Maybe I will have to read their documentation more carefully. Will get back to you with a new modified plugin later if needed

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #77638 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The IPN post back is implemented in the file components/com_eventbooking/payments/os_paypal.php, method validate if you want to look at it

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc