Can't choose a category when creating a new event

• Fernando
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #77866 by Fernando
Hello,

I have tried to uninstall and re-install, but I can't fix this problem. I created a category, it is published, but when it comes to creating an event the category drop down selector doesn't respond to my clicks.

Any idea?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #77871 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Can't choose a category when creating a new event
That's strange. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check it for you ?

Tuan

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79304 by lumis
Hmm, was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue as the original poster since I upgraded from a 2.2(?) to the latest 2.4.2 version today. I cannot select the Category using the dropdown option - clicking on the dropdown list does nothing. Also, the Select Additional Categories option does not work - if I remember correctly it was an ajax option to choose extra categories. This field just appears as a text field and does not work. This issue happens on both new and existing events. I had to copy an existing event today, so I manually changed the eb_event_categories table to update the event category when I could not edit it normally. I cannot see any js conflicts in firebug either...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79386 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Can't choose a category when creating a new event
Hi Aaron

It is a strange thing which we could not re-procedure ourself but it does happens on some websites (from Joomla 3.5.0, it seems)

We still could not find the root reason of this error yet. So we haven't had an offical fix. Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check and solve it for you

Tuan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79729 by Mike Smock
Replied by Mike Smock on topic Can't choose a category when creating a new event
Hi Tuan,

I'm having the same issue - and I'm running 3.5.1.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79775 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mike

Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site? We are going to check to see why this issue happens and get it sorted on tomorrow

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc