Customer Double Booking

• James Harrison
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #78133 by James Harrison
Customer Double Booking was created by James Harrison
I have no idea if my explanation will make sense but here goes...
We are using the plugin for parents evening appointments.
We have staff and parents.
When a parent books an appointment for 'Teacher A' at 3.00pm it is set as occupied, great. However that same parent is able to book and appointment with 'Teacher B' at 3.00pm.
So my question is, can you block out a customers time as 'busy' - so it is almost a reversal of employee busy?
Really hope this makes sense to someone!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by James Harrison. Reason: Better explanation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78140 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Customer Double Booking
If you've set up your teacher-parent event as a single event with the option to select the teacher that the parent wants to meet within that event, then there is an option in [EventBooking -> Congifuration] for [Prevent Duplicate Registrations] which will prevent the same user from registering for the same event. You'll need to make sure that your parents are registered with the site in order for this to work.
If you have different events for the different teachers, I don't see any option that would prevent the user from booking overlapping events. I thought I saw that option within the component, but can't find it now -- it probably was a feature in the component that I was using previous to joining the Event Booking club and I am getting the two mixed up.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc