how to remove the component name from the url?

More
8 years 1 month ago #79251 by Jeff
Hello,
I am wondering how to remove the component name from the url? Is there any third party Joomla extension or setting to make this work?

Normally I can do this if I enable "Search Engine Friendly URLs
" from Joomla Joomla! 3.4.8. However, the event link won't work after installing event booking component.

thanks
Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #79291 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic how to remove the component name from the url?
Have you tried creating a menu item (either on your main menu or on a published-but-not-displayed-anywhere hidden menu) linked to a EB category / timeline / etc, view? Give the menu item the name you want, and then you can access the component via the url (eg. www.YouSite.com/events ). Events will then accessible via that base name + /category name (if you didn't use a EB category view) +/ (event id#, if enabled) + event name. This requires SEO to be turned on.
Example from my site: sttherese.ca/eventlist/springtime-of-the...hristopher-west-2016

Using this same method, I think you can still use the GET variables / URL parameters to issue commands to the component without needing to have the ?component=com_eventbooking part in the URL (eg. to see the archived/past events in my "springtime-of-the-faith" category, I can go to sttherese.ca/eventlist/?view=archive&layout=table&id=2 )

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by James Riley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc