Event Cost Based On Company Registrations

• Corey Giordana
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79342 by Corey Giordana
Event Cost Based On Company Registrations was created by Corey Giordana
Hello,

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I have Membership Pro & Event Booking setup on a Joomla website. This is for a non profit organization that is now going to handle their memberships & event signups online vs the manual process used in the past.

The problems we are running into are that our "members" are companies in the local area that register multiple people to attend our events. The members are allowed to register up to four people from their organization for an event at no cost. After they have registered four individual people at no cost we need to charge $10 per additional person for an event. Is there anything in place that will allow us to do this or do you have any recommendations on what I should do about these needs?

I am also curious of one more thing about the events. We offer non members the option to register for an event and the cost is always $10 per registration (they do not get the four free registrations mentioned above). Can I setup a single event to base price off of their membership status and can this be done alongside the needs asked about above?

I'm sorry for so many questions on one post, but I wanted to get everything included. I am also curious of your thoughts about the membership registrations. Once a company registers as a member they will need to allow multiple users to login. At first I was planning to create additional fields on the registration form where the company can provide additional usernames, email addresses & passwords to be setup, but now we are thinking to simply allow one master login username and password for the entire company. If we go with the multiple users route for each member we would assign an "organization" field for each one of the new members and create a custom module on the frontend where a member can request a new user be setup for their organization. Also if we go with the multiple user route the events portion would need to know to look at the "organization" field to determine how many people from that company have been registered for an event when determining the custom price I mentioned earlier based on the number of registered people.

I thank you again so much for the help. Any feedback you have will be greatly appreciated.

Corey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #79345 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Event Cost Based On Company Registrations
Coupon code for the company?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corey Giordana

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #79351 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Event Cost Based On Company Registrations

calum polwart wrote: Coupon code for the company?

I think @Calum might be on to something. Coupons could potentially work as a solution because coupons codes can be set to expire after a certain number of uses. NOTE: This will work in individual registration, but I'm not sure if group registration counts as 1 coupon-usage per group or per member (@Tuan?? )

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by James Riley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corey Giordana

• Corey Giordana
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79353 by Corey Giordana
Replied by Corey Giordana on topic Event Cost Based On Company Registrations
Thank you for the feedback on this. I will be taking a look this evening and will check back in on the forum tomorrow.

Appreciate your time.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc