Controlling registration only to members of group

• Prateek
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79471 by Prateek
Hello Tuan

I've moved from Ohanah to Events Booking due to this requirement of ours'.

We are a small club that charges a fee per annum and those folks who become members can come to our events for free.

The requirement is:
- If you are a member of 'paid up group' then you should be able to register for an event.
- if you are NOT a member of 'paid up group' then you should be able to see the event details but not register at all, until you become a member.

How can I achieve this with Events Booking?
Regards
P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79472 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Controlling registration only to members of group
On the basic tab of the event, on the right side, there is a setting for registration access, set it to the group that your members belong to. Done! (And right above that is "Access" which is viewing access - set that to either public or registered, depending on your needs.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #79473 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Controlling registration only to members of group
On your site, how do you determine who is "paid up" and who is not? If you assign "paid up" members to a specific Joomla user group, then you can set events to allow registration only for people who are signed in and are members of that group.

See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...s/add-new-event#misc for a description of what these two setting do.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by James Riley.

• Prateek
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79524 by Prateek
Thank you for this. The members here are part of 2 joomla groups: "Standard" and "Student". I would like any registered user, who are members of either of these two groups to be able to register, for free.

I tried to use the same settings but I have option for group names as: "Public", "Registered", "Special", "Custom". How do I change this list to my custom group names?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79536 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Controlling registration only to members of group
If you want ANY registered user to be able to register for an event, then set Registration Access to "Registered" - that will do it. If you want just your Standard and Student groups to be able to register, you'll have to create an access level, we'll say it's called "Members" and add your two groups to it - as you can only have one access level set for this function. Also, as a side note, if you are not seeing your Standard and Student groups on the drop down list, I'm thinking something isn't configured correctly. There are Groups, and also Access Levels - usually they correlate. (At least, that's how I usually do it.) I suspect you have those groups without a corresponding access level, (or, as is most likely the case, the group is part of an existing access level - probably the registered level) that's why it isn't showing up on the drop down list.

• Prateek
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79648 by Prateek
Thanks! the ACL was the issue, works well now. great support.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc