Email Template override

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79639 by Dima
Email Template override was created by Dima
Hello,
We need to change email templates layout, here:
components/com_eventbooking/emailtemplates/cart.php
components/com_eventbooking/emailtemplates/email_cart.php

Is there a way to override those files like in view folder?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79641 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Email Template override
The only files that you can "template override" are files contained in a component or module's /view/something/tmpl folder. I've often wished for more override control, and have tried a couple different MVC extensions that promise being able to override non view/xyz/tmpl files, but none of them have ever worked (and one of them crashed all form submissions on my site, just being installed).
Unless someone has invented a new way or Joomla 3.5.x has a new override implementation, you will have to make your code changes directly in the files. Flag your changes (eg. I mark php code with /* *** [BEGIN | END] JAMES EDIT 04/12/2016 *** */ , using the begin/end on either side of multi-line edits, or no begin/end if it is just one line) so that you can easily search for the flag and re-apply them after updating to a new version.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79642 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Email Template override
Hi Simon

As Jame pointed out, it is not possible to use template override at the moment for email layout

However, I can see the requirement for it now, so I am going to work and add support for it in the version 2.5.0 of Events Booking

For now, just made the modification and keep the changes yourself

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc