Registration lost due to glitch with paypal

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79717 by Vicky
Hi
I have event booking set up to take group registrations without users having to create an account. They get directed to paypal once the form has been filled out.

Was just wondering if the registration form can be saved at that point and set as pending before being directed to paypal then once payment is successful the registration status is then set at complete.

Am asking this because recently a registrant entered all his details - was directed to paypal where he paid but on returning to the site something happened and he was notified that his transaction had been unsuccessful. We checked and the paypal transaction had definitely gone through and as the form was quite long he didn't want to fill it all out again. There was also no record in the backend that there had been an attempt at registration.

Would having the registrants create an account at the same time solve this problem?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79719 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registration lost due to glitch with paypal
For this case, go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Show Pending Registration Records, set it to Yes

You will then see the missing record, then change the status from Pending to Paid (the record is saved to database before user is redirected to PayPal, it is just invisible until payment success)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicky

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79784 by Vicky
Thanks Tuan - easy when you know how isn't it? Much appreciated

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79786 by Vicky
Is there a way of exporting just the pending registrants?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79832 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Go to Events Booking -> Registrants, select Pending from Registration Status Dropdown. Then press Export Registrants button in the toolbar and it should work well

If not, I will consider adding support for it in the next release of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79860 by Vicky
Hi Tuan

That doesn't work so it would be very much appreciated if you could add support for it in the next release.

Thank you for your prompt replies - great extension btw!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79888 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Vicky. I will update you when it is implemented. Should be soon (right now, I have other features with higher priority I need to work on first, after these features completed, I will work on this one)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc