customer to choose number of registrants

• Steve Davison
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #80306 by Steve Davison
customer to choose number of registrants was created by Steve Davison
I am trying to find a way to allow the customer to choose to make their booking private.
So the event has 2 places available. I want the first customer that books to choose an option to make the booking private for just him. He will pay an extra fee for this.
So far i have a custom fee field created that allow them to choose "Make it private = +£30" but I cant see how to prevent the second place from being booked.

Any ideas?

I am running version 1.6.10 of event booking on joomla 2.5.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #80313 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic customer to choose number of registrants
Hi Steve

Unfortunately, Events Booking could not handle this requirement. In this case, what if when he chooses "Make it private" option, you create another registration record manually for him so that other users could not register for the remaining place?

I think that's the only option / solution for now

Tuan

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #80393 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic customer to choose number of registrants
I think the plug_eventbooking_updatetotalregistrant plugin that @Tuan posted about in joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...cket-pool.html#71557 will work here.

It seems that, for the operation that the plugin uses, a string starting with a number (eg: 1 - Normal Registration) will be treated just as the number (eg: 1).
Therefore, (and as per the convention of the plugin's field naming requirements), you could create a custom fee field named:
---> number_PrivateRegistration,
and set your values to:
---> 1 - Normal Registration
---> 2 - Private Registration (add £30)
(make sure you have the numbers in front, as this will consume either 1 or 2 spots via the plugin)
and your fee amounts to:
---> 0
---> 30

Then, when the user registers, the plugin will fill either 1 or 2 places based on the integer at the beginning of the value. I'm assuming that if there is only 1 place left available and the registrant selected the second option, that the registrant would receive an error message stating that there are not enough places left?? You'd have to test it out.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by James Riley. Reason: Added the "fee" amounts

• Steve Davison
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #80412 by Steve Davison
Replied by Steve Davison on topic customer to choose number of registrants
Hi James,

Thanks for that suggestion, I will give it a try and let you know.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc