Use componant twice on single site?

• Andrew G
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #81002 by Andrew G
Use componant twice on single site? was created by Andrew G
Hi,

I've set up Event Booking on a clients website and everyone is happy with it. It can only be seen by members that have logged in first as all these events are strictly for members only (training and other work activities)

Now the client wants another event calendar on the public part of the site to display public events and no need for anyone to login to access it or the need to make bookings / reservations.

As it's a component, is it possible two set up two versions that run independent, one for members and one for public ? Can't quite work it out especially as one would be locked and the other open for all.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #81018 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Use componant twice on single site?
I think you'd have to do a bunch of code editing, changing the extension name and database record names.

For showing events to registered users, are you only allowing a Events menu item to show up for registered users? Or, are you setting an access level at each individual event in Event Booking to only show for registered users only. With the latter approach, you can set your non-member events to show for Non-Registered users and keep your Registered user events set to show to registered members only. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration for info.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Andrew G
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #81020 by Andrew G
Replied by Andrew G on topic Use componant twice on single site?
Thanks for the reply James.

Yes the menu link to the event calendar is assigned to members only and not seen by the public.

I see what you mean though about setting the access for each event which could have worked but unfortunately I've totally customised the language file to make it more in line with an Aircraft Booking calendar (it's for an aviation club) so would need another installation of Event Booking to run as a regular event calendar. My own fault for getting carried away with customisation :blink:

Cheers.

More
8 years 1 week ago #81022 by Brian F
Replied by Brian F on topic Use componant twice on single site?
One possibility is to do a second Joomla install within a sub-directory (clientwebsite.com/aircraftbooking/), transfer your already built "Aircraft Booking" Event Booking to that Joomla sub-directory, and install your total separate public Event Booking within the root Joomla. May be a pain however maintaining two Joomla installs/databases, two templates, etc.

More
8 years 1 week ago #81037 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Use componant twice on single site?
It is hard for making the clone of Events Booking (it is quite big at this time and we can easily introduces bug with the cloned version).

So if the suggestion from Brian and James doesn't work, I think you might have to find a different / second event extension to use for your new task/purpose

I also would like to take this chance to thank you Brian and James. You two have been so helpful on Events Booking forum, helping me answering the questions so that I can spend time to improve the product to make it better. Many many thanks again

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc