Re-direction page after registration + translation

• Remo von Arx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81078 by Remo von Arx
Hi there

Is there a possibility to re-direct to another page, if the user registered for an event successful?
After registration the registration details will be shown and nothing more happens. Would like to add a re-direct there.

[strike]Also, where is the translation text for successful cancel registrations? I don't have any clue and don't know where to look it. Since the code calls it from here:

$cancelMessage = $message->{'registration_cancel_message_paid' ...
File html.php in /components/com_eventbooking/view/registrationcancel
[/strike]
Thanks, hope this can be answered soon - I need to go live with the registration on monday >.<
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Remo von Arx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81082 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Re-direction page after registration + translation
You've already solved the hardest part of question #2: you found the translation key that you need.
Go to Event Booking --> Translation and enter "registration_cancel_message_paid" into the filter box. You'll see the text to change :)

If that wasn't the text you needed to change, filter for the word "cancel" instead, and you'll see more cancel-themed translations.

For any translation changes, try to guess at a word that the key might contain, and enter it into the Translation Manager's filter box (there are pages upon pages of keys that you'd otherwise have to click through). If you still can't find it, open up /language/your-language/your-language.com_eventbooking.ini (eg: /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_eventbooking.ini) and do a text search in there for the text you see on screen that you want to change. You can even edit the translation directly it in the language file as the Translation Manager is really just a GUI editor for this file anyway.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81083 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Re-direction page after registration + translation
As for Question #1, I don't see an option anywhere for setting a return-to or redirect-after-payment url anywhere.
You could build a link into your thank-you page, asking users to CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION or FINALIZE REGISTRATION etc.
I was trying to find where the EB_THANK_YOU_MESSAGE text is called in the code, thinking that you could do a little code re-write that would allow you to enter a url into the thank you message box and have the code redirect you to that url instead of displaying the text... but I can't seem to find it in the code :(
Maybe @Tuan can provide a better solution.

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by James Riley.

• Remo von Arx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81084 by Remo von Arx
Replied by Remo von Arx on topic Re-direction page after registration + translation
Thanks a lot for your answer.

The reason why I posted this question was the following:

I got the text

"Your registration for event XY has successfully cancelled. Our event registration team will check your registration and process the refund within 24 hours from now.

Thanks,

Registration Team"

I didn't find this text in the Translation menu, I tried some keywords of course... If I change the translation (as shown as in your screenshot) text, it isn't changed either.
So imo this must be hard coded somewhere? Or am I totally wrong?

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81085 by James Riley
EDIT -- Sorry: didn't see you're reply until after I posted this.[hr]
If that wasn't the text you needed to change, filter for the word "cancel" instead, and you'll see more cancel-themed translations.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by James Riley. Reason: as noted

More
7 years 11 months ago #81086 by James Riley
That might be a global message that you're seeing... let me just look at my install and I'll see if I can find it.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81087 by James Riley
Go to Event Booking --> Emails and Message, and scroll down until you find the Cancel message :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc, Remo von Arx

• Remo von Arx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81090 by Remo von Arx
Replied by Remo von Arx on topic Re-direction page after registration + translation
Sorry my fault - somehow I totally forgot that part...

Thanks a lot :D

More
7 years 11 months ago #81095 by James Riley
I only remember it now because of the number of times I've forgotten about it myself :)
Glad I was able to help ya out.

• Remo von Arx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #81149 by Remo von Arx
I added just a call to a header-function and it worked perfectly!

Thread can be closed!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc