Working with different currencies

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81628 by Dima
Working with different currencies was created by Dima
Hello,
We are having some issues with currency. I'll give the background and then ask the questions.
We allow users to submit events which have prices, and they can choose the currency of that price.
I have added those fields in front end submission myself: "currency_code" and "currency_symbol".

1) You have those fields in admin backend so why are they not present in front submission too?
2) (most important) When a user registers to an event and goes to pay with paypal (your paypal plugin), the currency always in dollars. And the numeric amount is the same. I'd like to know how did you intend the use of currency field, and is there a way to make it work as it should with paypal.

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Dima.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81647 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Working with different currencies
Hi Simon

1=> I don't make every fields in backend available in the frontend to reduce the complicated of frontend event submission form

2=> I think the reason is because you have shopping cart feature enabled ? In this case, users can register for multiple events within one checkout, if different events have different currency, the extension could not handle it. So in order to use different currencies, you need to disable shopping cart feature. Please go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Activate Shopping Cart, set it to No. Then try to register for the event again, it should work as expected

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81676 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Working with different currencies
Thanks, Activate Shopping Cart was indeed on, and now it works as intended.

for the 1) I agree on "reduce the complicated of frontend event submission form", but there must be an option to enable it. Since these fields are relevant for payed events. I added them manually in event template override.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Dima.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81735 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Working with different currencies
OK Simon. Please use that override solution for now. I will consider adding options in the future if it is really needed and requested by other customers

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc