• Tim Stöhr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #82190 by Tim Stöhr
Improvement needed for google maps plugin was created by Tim Stöhr
Hi Tuan,
The pop-up of the google maps plugin is not very modern anymore. Could you create it so that on computer, it opens on a different tab in maps.google.com? On mobile, it would need to open a google app link so that the location is plotted on google maps directly.
It would be great, if the link would also be in the [REGISTRANT-DETAILS] tag as well as the reminder email.

The reason is quite simple. Most traffic is now mobile based (eg Vietnam :) ) and people want to find the location as easily as possible. Also most people now use google maps (or other iphone based apps) to navigate. By including different links, you would very easily get the power of google maps into your app (I am using this technique already on 2 other extensions and it works really great).

Here is an example of an extension where I use the above technique (I have also included a bar code that codes for latitude/longitude): munich.international-friends.net/network...ic%20swimming%20pool

I think that the above is really easy to implement (took me 20 min in the above extension) as well as very beneficial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #82220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Improvement needed for google maps plugin
Hi Tim

Thanks for sharing. I will look at it (when I am less busy) and implement the change in the future if it is really needed

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc